How would you say you are coping mentally?

Your staff don't know how lucky they are, being able to go to work each day. Sitting at home, paid or unpaid, isn't as easy as people might think.
No it's not but still much easier than going to work and putting ones self in danger

Quite enjoying it to be honest. The pace of life has slowed right down, I'm taking each day as it comes and not fretting over the little stuff. Worried my wedding will be called off but other than that just cracking on. I'd rather be sat at home on 80% pay but hopefully can impress my bosses and improve my future prospects at work. I think the fact my commute is halved is having a bigger effect than most would expect.

having been used to being housebound for a decade with disability and the aid of Morphine and anti- depressants and BM i can honestly say nowts changed
My wife is the same. Been pretty much locked down for 7/8 years now due to illness. She's actually enjoying having me around in the daytime

Being comfortable in your own company is a really important skill.
You don’t have to achieve something everyday. The world still spins.

What are you missing about normal life?

Not seeing your family is tough. At least we have FaceTime, Skype, Zoom etc
Friends? The same.

imagine self isolating without WiFi.
I'd say acheiving something ever day is vital. Doesn't have to be a big thing but giving yourself a little task to complete gives you somethinf to look forward to, or a sense of achievement when done. Making a nice meal, cleaning the motor or skirting boards, cleaning the crap out from under the sink, anything really to have a bit of 'focus'

Finding it surprisingly easy, but in a very fortunate position. Furloughed and comfortable money wise. Living with GF, we don't get on each others nerves, at least so far.

Find the best way to approach things is just to focus on the things we can do, rather than pining for what we can't. There's never been a better time to be stuck at home really, the rise of streaming, delivery services, communication apps etc make life pretty easy compared to what it would be not so long ago.

Things will change if we lose the right to exercise outside, might start to get tougher.

I like how I appreciate everything a little bit more now. A good cup of coffee, a bit of fresh air, a chat with the family. Instead of being routine, they are now the main focus for the day.

I'm completely hacked off with this hibernation shit now, dont get me wrong, its required and i am sticking with it but its sooo fucking depressing, im lucky, I have a garden so I feel for all the folk who live in flats and the like...! Also, Mrs Death hates me even more than before and i never thought that possible ...! 5-10..

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority, but I love being at home. I've worked hard to make my house a nice place to be, so being couped up with Mrs Riot is literally no effort. In fact I'd be quite happy like this forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.