Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Danny Boy 2890. With both the FA and the Premier League burying their heads in the sand like the OSTRICH, and then saying they have deferred this season until who knows when. Surely there must be a point to where they have to say, this can't go on any longer. It may be possible to start the rest of the season come end July or early August. This restart of football has to come with the blessing of the government. The problem there is how do you stop fans from gathering outside of grounds if they have to be played behind closed doors. The way this season has gone so far it looks very unlikely that they will finish the season before the end of June at the earliest.

Once a season has ended the following seasons fixtures are released around the middle end of June. So when how are they going to sort out next seasons fixtures. They only way this can be done is by putting back season 20/21 until September or maybe even later. This then will impact both the Euros and the 2022 World Cup. What a mess the Premier League and the FA have caused and along with UEFA. UEFA by coming out with the statement that any FA'S from a country that null and voids this season, they will lose places in European Comps just makes this worse then it should be.
I’d love it if every national FA called their bluff and issued a joint statement cancelling and voiding all leagues immediately.

What this coronavirus has done has found a huge default in the premier league and how they run things. I can't believe I'm reading that Burnley might run out of money by August, that is ridiculous.
Surely if the dingles are potless then you have to throw Bournemouth and Brighton in there too.

What I don't understand is there are supposedly FFP rules that every club are supposed to adhere to that are a kind of barrier to stop clubs going under.
How has this happened? It shouldn't have.

Football is slowly unravelling before our very eyes and it's going to get worse before it gets better and that's if it does get better. If everything is above board then why are UEFA running about like headless chickens telling everyone the leagues will be starting up in April then May then June?
Something isn't sitting right with me here, there are serious concerns that football is going to be exposed for something that it shouldn't be.

I understand that under PL FFP clubs (not government furlough payments) are required to meet all their contractual obligations. So Liverpool are in breach of PL FFP. So FFP is allowing government subsidies to support "some" clubs, but an owner wishing to invest their own money is prevented from doing so. Who would have "thunk it".

The Premier League are at an advanced stage in talks with the Government over a return for football in June. There is a tentative agreement for the top flight to resume behind closed doors after clubs mapped out a plan on a resumption of matches

@MirrorFootball

UEFA president, Aleksander Ceferin, believes it is a "better option" to conclude this season's UCL and UEL behind closed doors rather than scrapping them but admits both competitions could be abandoned if COVID-19 restrictions remain into September

@guardian_sport

Why are the FA and PL being given special access to the govt to discuss restarting their business? I would imagine the hospitality sector would like to know when they can re-open, or perhaps airlines, or retail outlets. Are these being given dates?

The notion that when restrictions are lifted the current season can resume is nonsense.
Players will require the equivalent of a pre-season to get their fitness levels up, possibly more as I would guess they may well be in poorer condition than with a close season.
The risks in resuming top level football at the critical stage of the season without a fitness build up are surely something that has to be considered.

The notion that when restrictions are lifted the current season can resume is nonsense.
Players will require the equivalent of a pre-season to get their fitness levels up, possibly more as I would guess they may well be in poorer condition than with a close season.
The risks in resuming top level football at the critical stage of the season without a fitness build up are surely something that has to be considered.

Kyle walker has apparently been keeping busy,he should be fine.

It won’t happen.
Or at least not any time soon.
Even if they tried to hold games behind closed doors.

Fans won’t be allowed inside yeah, but you can bet your bottom dollar masses upon masses of people will be outside the ground to celebrate their title win.
Imagine trying to tell tens of thousands of Liverpool fans “not to congregate outside the ground”
It’s not gonna happen.
It will be another Hillsborough and they’ll claim they’re victims again.

Kyle walker has apparently been keeping busy,he should be fine.
I just knew that after Spurs and Liverpool were exposed and humiliated after it was revealed they're furloughing non-playing staff (disgraceful), we should have bitten our tongues because it's always a distinct possibility that players at any club will be shown to be ignoring advice on Coronavirus. Kyle has embarrassed the club and fans big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.