COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horizon tomorrow night on BBC2 9PM will show how a lab in London/Oxford has somehow managed to develop something in three weeks which would normally take a year to reach that stage.

The virus was eradicated overnight in mice and the next testing is on Monkeys during the next two weeks.

I would never sell our clever fuckers out there short.
Nobody is though to be fair. 12-18 months would be insanely fast. It still has to go through all the testing, including on humans. The testing takes a long time. It has to be safe, we have to know of any side effects. Then it has to be produced and distributed on such a vast scale. 12-18 months to get this available to all would be unbelievably quick. If it’s any quicker than that, can we really be sure the vaccine is safe?

All this talk about repeated lockdowns doesn't seem feasible to me. The economy is slumping already and it's only been a matter of weeks. If it carries on for much longer then we are looking at an economic collapse on a scale never seen before.

Can we afford to wreck the economy for a generation in order to reduce the death toll?

How many dead people is the tipping point? the day the NHS gets overrun is the day that figure sky rockets.

As ever, a reminder to everyone that the economy tanking kills people.

It is not a childish choice between people dying and an economic boom.

It's a choice between thousands dying of flu and an economic depression that will kill thousands. Hence why it's a balancing act every country is trying to get right and why there is no easy answer.
Agreed.

Horizon tomorrow night on BBC2 9PM will show how a lab in London/Oxford has somehow managed to develop something in three weeks which would normally take a year to reach that stage.

The virus was eradicated overnight in mice and the next testing is on Monkeys during the next two weeks.

I would never sell our clever fuckers out there short.
Very rude of you to praise our scientists for their contribution but not the fucking mice and monkeys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.