Old school players......how good were they?

There were people who saw Peter Doherty and Colin Bell who said Doherty was City’s greatest ever player.

I reckon Jimmy Greaves would have been even better than he was, if he played in the Premier League, even with the death squad defenders he faced week in week out in his day, he was an utter genuis, no better goalscorer has has ever visited this planet, let alone lived on it...!

Had we had both Vinny and Aymeric as young 20-odd year olds would Mike have got in between them?

I thought Doyle was always better with the ball than given credit for. Love Vinny as a defender and he gave me some fantastic moments (Rags and Leicester to name two) but I'd love to see Doyle in a City team like we have now.

pick ANY premier league team up now, take them back to the 1966 World Cup final and they’d win by more than 10
That doesn’t mean the players are better, it’s all relative
If George best was born 30 years ago he’d probably be as good as Messi

My old fella rip was city mad he named me after Roy Paul but his favourite player was Tom Finney he idolised him.
My late father was from the same era and he too spoke very passionately about Roy Paul saying he was as hard as nails. My Dad also liked Bobby Johnstone who played in the same team as Roy Paul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.