COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea of the real death rate for the UK? As far as I can gather only deaths in hospitals are being counted. If that is true then it's a case of massaging the figures so it doesn't look quite so bad.
That isn’t at all true.
Deaths from establishments run by Local Authorities, such as care homes and the like are collated and added every Tuesday.
You need to widen your net for gathering information.

How much different would this all look like if it were akin to a solitary nuclear weapon being exploded somewhere, outside of the immediate loss of life?

Would similar measures have been enacted?

Just got me thinking.

Very much so, most of the protocols being put into place were actually developed for this exact instance, including use of excel, NEC and the arena.

It's a wreckless risk of peoples' lives IMO.

If they get to the other side and have survived it with compared mortality rates to other countries, but without the financial impact, my view will be that they got away with it. Not that every other country screwed up.

If you are offered a grand for a shot to your head with a revolver with a single bullet, and you live to bank the grand, it does not make it a great decision.
I dont think it is especially wreckless.
Sweeden is much less densely populated than the UK and clearly doesn't have as big a proportion of knobheads in society that we do.
Indeed if UK average numbers drop this week, then the Social Isolation introduced a week before lockdown will have worked to some degree.

Last edited:
Give me a shout
giphy.gif
That's never 2 metres

If they get through this with low levels of casualties, without millions of people losing their jobs and countless people suffering the detrimental effects to their mental health that comes with a lock down, I’d say that makes it a brilliant decision and a great credit to the maturity of the Swedish people.
Whilst accepting the U.K. isn’t in the same position to gave done likewise?

It's a wreckless risk of peoples' lives IMO.

If they get to the other side and have survived it with compared mortality rates to other countries, but without the financial impact, my view will be that they got away with it. Not that every other country screwed up.

If you are offered a grand for a shot to your head with a revolver with a single bullet, and you live to bank the grand, it does not make it a great decision.

Chippy nails it again but again I'd like to point out that the layout of Sweden is totally different to the UK. Even if Sweden ends up being a 'success' in some people's eyes it doesn't mean that it would have worked in the UK/Spain/Italy/USA. It wouldn't have.

The figures don’t actually match the hospital figures - there is a lag in reporting
Deaths to some degree - maybe 100 short over the whole country. But new cases? As the number of tests went up and new cases went down, then I doubt that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.