Boris Johnson admitted to hospital - now discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Marco, hope you are staying safe and healthy bud.

Just to reply about your earlier post about how long this virus can be infectious etc.

I read a scientific paper a couple of days ago that suggest this virus is resilient. Mainly regarding contact mapping due to how long it does survive if say in an asymptomatic person. I don't recall info on it having a second wind in an already infected person but you can assume it can come back hard given it's general resilience and ability to survive in a sleeper agent capacity.

The speed this gets you, he was clapping on Thursday outside number 10 for the nhs , not too looking great but dressed up and clapping , but a few days later he is in intensive care . Grim
Yeah, that’s my thoughts on it too. Even on his tweet, I think was yesterday, he didn’t look great but he certainly didn’t look like he was 24hours from intensive care.

Fucking scary shit.

Sample of patient outcome admitted to hospital in UK

Outcome, length of stay and organ support
Critical care unit outcomes have been received for 690 patients, of whom 346 patients have died and 344 were discharged alive from critical care (Figure 7 and Figure 8). Lengths of stay and organ support are summarised in Table 3 and compared with those for patients critically ill with viral pneumonia (non-COVID-19) during 2017-19. Receipt and duration of organ support are summarised graphically in Figure 9 and Figure 10, respectively.
Due to the relatively low proportion of patients that have completed their critical care, all outcomes should be interpreted with caution.

https://www.icnarc.org/DataServices/Attachments/Download/76a7364b-4b76-ea11-9124-00505601089b

These data derive from the ICNARC Case Mix Programme Database. The Case Mix Programme is the national clinical audit of patient outcomes from adult critical care coordinated by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC). For more information on the representativeness and quality of these data, please contact ICNARC

genuine question, at xmas through to february there was a bug going around that had some of the symptoms of corona . i was ill for 10 days in early feb after getting back from Canada ,Why are some people on here adamant that it was flu and not corona? I am not looking to dig someone out here but am genuinelyinterested in why it couldnt be corona .

Hi Marco, hope you are staying safe and healthy bud.

Just to reply about your earlier post about how long this virus can be infectious etc.

I read a scientific paper a couple of days ago that suggest this virus is resilient. Mainly regarding contact mapping due to how long it does survive if say in an asymptomatic person. I don't recall info on it having a second wind in an already infected person but you can assume it can come back hard given it's general resilience and ability to survive in a sleeper agent capacity.
so basicaly if im following you correctly,you could have light symptoms then have it clear up then bang its back in a more severe form to finnish you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.