COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure where we’ll be 6 months from now.

Someone with a current positive outlook tell me what they think will happen.

I’m just telling myself things will be ok this time next year and that we have to weather the storm until that point.

I think that is probably the case

With reference to Sweden, taking a starting point of 10 deaths their numbers are increasing quite a bit faster than neighbours Norway and Denmark.
But less steeply than other countries. If they continue the way they are and avoid crashing their economy then they will have done well.
It wouldn't work for us as our population density is too high and we have far too many knobheads.

Not really sure where we’ll be 6 months from now.

Someone with a current positive outlook tell me what they think will happen.

I’m just telling myself things will be ok this time next year and that we have to weather the storm until that point.
Things will get better but I think we’ll have 20,000 people dying of this every Winter for the next few years at least.

While that sounds terrible, it’s actually not unusual. 26,000 died of flu in the Winter of 2017-18 with 50,100 excess seasonal deaths that Winter than the year before.

Even before COVID-19 hit us this season we were having a Winter of 800 more deaths a week than the average for five years before: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....er-people-died-week-8-higher-time-winter.html

But I do think COVID-19 will be here medium-long term because we can be asymptomatic at the start of having it or asymptomatic throughout having it full stop, therefore it’s easy to spread.

It’ll just become another every day illness that we’ll get used to living with and get used to people dying from like we are all the other illnesses that kill people.

Things will get better but I think we’ll have 20,000 people dying of this every Winter for the next few years at least.

While that sounds terrible, it’s actually not unusual. 26,000 died of flu in the Winter of 2017-18 with 50,100 excess seasonal deaths that Winter than the year before.

Even before COVID-19 hit us this season we were having a Winter of 800 more deaths a week than the average for five years before: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....er-people-died-week-8-higher-time-winter.html

But I do think COVID-19 will be here medium-long term because we can be asymptomatic at the start of having it or asymptomatic throughout having it full stop, therefore it’s easy to spread.

It’ll just become another every day illness that we’ll get used to living with and get used to people dying from like we are all the other illnesses that kill people.
Not very likely to be a few years, we’ll either have a vaccine or it’s so contagious it will burn out.

Not very likely to be a few years, we’ll either have a vaccine or it’s so contagious it will burn out.
Hopefully! But if it mutates to the point where vaccines need to be updated every year then it could be with us for a long time. It wouldn’t take much for someone to travel to a country that won’t be able to afford to vaccinate its entire population and bring a new strain back and its amongst the population here again.

thats very worrying for all 'everyone' i said on here weeks ago there is something more sinister in this virus that we dont know about and talk about getting asaulted i was hung out to dry for those comments, i still think the same and as this progreses its becoming more clear there are more sinister things
I am in general a very objective stoic person but i would be lying if i said reading that paper did not dishearten me to an extent.

It pushed me to double checking everyone was staying away from mums. I am also pushing dad to come stay with me as i self distance in general, i am not happy for him to be going out shopping every few days. The old goat can breathe in hot amonia fumes like it was fresh air due to being a production chemist but this is a different beast and i am not sure he fully gets that fact.

I am as close to worry as i have ever been if i am honest. Currenty at accute levels of concern, not for me but my family.

(posting here so i don't take the Boris thread off topic)

I am in general a very objective stoic person but i would be lying if i said reading that paper did not dishearten me to an extent.

It pushed me to double checking everyone was staying away from mums. I am also pushing dad to come stay with me as i self distance in general, i am not happy for him to be going out shopping every few days. The old goat can breathe in hot amonia fumes like it was fresh air due to being a production chemist but this is a different beast and i am not sure he fully gets that fact.

I am as close to worry as i have ever been if i am honest. Currenty at accute levels of concern, not for me but my family.

(posting here so i don't take the Boris thread off topic)
somewhere along the line i think were all worried for family,the only person who can infect our houshold now is the wife,on the till at ASDA so in prime contact,ive told her to pull sick with sciatica, i think the time has come now to pull the shutters down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.