COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still of a mind to say one of the best ways to deal with this is to recognise that everything about the way COVID19 spirals into complications is a wake-up call for a lot of us. If we are likely to get infected at some point, you need to be fitter just to be safe from having a horrendous time of it and ending up in hospital. It's not just pneumonia. Complications involving the kidneys, liver, and heart are commonly mentioned. And if you are unlucky and get to the stage where your immune system responses go critical, your entire body is going to be in a desperate fight.

Time to cut the sugar, white carbs. Cut back on beer/wine, lose a little weight. If you can give up smoking in any way, just do it, this and other diseases is so much more likely to leave you unharmed even if you've only given up for a few days. I need to give up the vape as well, get back on the niquitines.

somewhere along the line i think were all worried for family,the only person who can infect our houshold now is the wife,on the till at ASDA so in prime contact,ive told her to pull sick with sciatica, i think the time has come now to pull the shutters down
I do not blame you one bit mate, the local sainsbury's now has shields at the tills, like crapper versions of the ones at you see at shops in rough areas. I felt like saying to the lady "honestly you are at such risk, i'd sack it off" but i didn't want to raise pulses as the two behind me were old ladies with masks on.

I would defo tell your missus to try and move departments if poss at very least, like some back office type role, unpacking pallets etc. Not perfect but better than the amount of exposure she is open to now. Selfish maybe but christ it is no joke she could get infected. Is she getting paid more now with this, like danger pay of sorts?

Last edited:
banks and shops in rough areas
I do not blame you one bit mate, the local sainsbury's now has shields at the tills, like crapper versions of the ones at you see at shops in rough areas. I felt like saying to the lady "honestly you are at such risk, i'd sack it off" but i didn't want to raise pulses as the two behind me were old ladies with masks on.

I would defo tell your missus to try and move departments if poss at very least, like some back office type role, unpacking pallets etc. Not perfect but better than the amount of exposure she is open to now. Selfish maybe but christ it is no joke she could get infected. Is she getting paid more now with this, like danger pay of sorts?
there giving all ASDA staff an extra weeks pay end of this month so £250 and it aint worth it, oh and if your off sick you still get it,she has to come out sick no choice,family come first,shel still get paid

Just watched Fergus Walshe's report from the ICU at UCLH hospital - the work the nurses and doctors are doing there is truly humbling. Someone asked why the love in with the NHS. I think we are getting the answer in spades every day. Thank you for your efforts ALL key workers

Just watched Fergus Walshe's report from the ICU at UCLH hospital - the work the nurses and doctors are doing there is truly humbling. Someone asked why the love in with the NHS. I think we are getting the answer in spades every day. Thank you for your efforts ALL key workers
The frontline staff are going to require some serious extended leave, when this is all done.

The frontline staff are going to require some serious extended leave, when this is all done.

Fuck me aren't they just. It was like M.A.S.H. but with more modern equipment. Lass from up my street is an occupational or physio therapist I forget which at the moment but her back ground is nursing and she has been redeployed and is on the Covid-19 wards in James Cook Hospital. She is staying away so as not to bring home a threat to her elderly mum - I dread to think what she is experiencing right now and what on-going effects it could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.