COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I was going to say but I didn't want to cause offence.
It's emotional blackmail, mate.

No offence taken! We have our own children to look after. My business is going under, she doesn't know if the local authority will provide the SEN funding, going forward, in terms of renewing her contract at the end of each school year.

She earns less than £12k a year and what will we get if one of family succumbs to it, some bullshit about condolences and some faux Facebook bullshit tribute?

My wife did not take the Hippocratic oath and I didn't expect for her job to put her life or her family's at stake.

Those people are a special breed, with their eyes wide open, going in to it. I am proud that my wife wants to help, knowing the person she is.

However, I also can't help feeling guilty she doesn't want to bring more financial hardship on us, as we are not entitled to any government benefits whatsover, nor do I qualify for furlough as a company director of my own business.

It's an open-faced shit sandwich for millions of people out there, buttered both sides, eh!

London has the tube which has undoubtedly been a major source of spreading the virus faster because of the overcrowding before and even soon after lockdown.

Lancashire's confirmed cases per million of population is around 80% of the UK-wide figure so yes we will probably peak later than the more intensely infected areas like London.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
Yes, but the midlands seem to be peaking now as London levels off. Not sure why Lancashire should be still 5 or 6 weeks away from a peak.

Because every little helps.
These interactions have been included in the models of the spread.

I know it wasn't your intention mate, but forgive me if I don't wish for my family to be factored into a model of anticipated infection.

Especially so, from teaching kids whose parents are getting viral loads by the score.

Yes, but the midlands seem to be peaking now as London levels off. Not sure why Lancashire should be still 5 or 6 weeks away from a peak.
Population density is probably another factor, it would be significantly higher in London and the West Midlands than Lancashire.

Edit: 3,235 per sq.km for West Midlands, 487 per sq.km for Lancashire, that's a hell of a difference!

One thing really pissing me off in all this is these universitie deciding to publish their plown opinions before theirnis a concensus on whether it is good advice.

UCL have now said closing schools has little effect on the virus spread and is being trumpetted on bbc news.
Imperial college immediately refuted this (not reported btw) and said tge finding didn't take in many factors.

But some will hear this reporting and think fuck it and let their kids go and play out and mingle with their mates even though non of it is proved as plausible fact.

These studies should be going straight to government to be assessed not published to the press and leave us all with conflicting advice.
Good.
Truth should not be hidden.
One doctrine to fight the virus only works if the doctrine is based on facts.

No offence taken! We have our own children to look after. My business is going under, she doesn't know if the local authority will provide the SEN funding, going forward, in terms of renewing her contract at the end of each school year.

She earns less than £12k a year and what will we get if one of family succumbs to it, some bullshit about condolences and some faux Facebook bullshit tribute?

My wife did not take the Hippocratic oath and I didn't expect for her job to put her life or her family's at stake.

Those people are a special breed, with their eyes wide open, going in to it. I am proud that my wife wants to help, knowing the person she is.

However, I also can't help feeling guilty she doesn't want to bring more financial hardship on us, as we are not entitled to any government benefits whatsover, nor do I qualify for furlough as a company director of my own business.

It's an open-faced shit sandwich for millions of people out there, buttered both sides, eh!

You can apply for a business interruption loan. The temporary Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme is open to self-employed people and offers access to loans, overdrafts, invoice finance and asset finance of up to £5 million for up to six years. The Government could also give you a Business Interruption Payment to cover the first 12 months of interest and fees on the loan.

The scheme is now open for applications, and is offered by all major banks. Read more on the Government's Business Support website.

Hi Mate
The advice given to most headteachers is to do a rota for staff so that they are not in every day, particularly over the Easter holidays. in fact there was a joint communique from all of the unions telling schools to give all staff two weeks holiday over the lockdown period so they weren’t ‘losing out’ on their Easter holidays.

some schools have only three staff in at a time, someone on the Leadership team and two classroom teachers

Yes mate. she is currently doing Monday and Thursdays - don't know the staff ratio but it is small - 18 kids in total - some from another local school.

I will tell the wife about the communique, as she is in this week during the 'holidays'.

Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.