Lockdown living tips

I thought Zoom had security issues and schools etc were banning it?
It might do, but what harm can be done from a family video conference?

Anyway, it's the website that might relieve a bit of boredom, coupled with any secure conferencing app.

Firesticks are currently on sale ladies and gents. Get a good vod/plex supplier ;-) and that will keep you entertained for a good while.
Quick question. I have an old firestick with a VOD subscription through a really good supplier. I have a 4k tv and they have loads of 4k movies on there. When i play them i just get sound. My question is, do i need a 4k firestick to be able to play 4k movies through a VOD supplier?

Quick question. I have an old firestick with a VOD subscription through a really good supplier. I have a 4k tv and they have loads of 4k movies on there. When i play them i just get sound. My question is, do i need a 4k firestick to be able to play 4k movies through a VOD supplier?

of course

Yes bud, sadly you will need to upgrade to a firestick 4k

It might do, but what harm can be done from a family video conference?

Anyway, it's the website that might relieve a bit of boredom, coupled with any secure conferencing app.
That is my point though.
Is Zoom secure?
I’ll do some research as I’d like to use playjack tv but I would look for a different platform for the family link up such as Skype etc.

oh dear!
Apart from all your data being given to Facebook and your camera and mic being hacked there’s...

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ology-security-coronavirus-video-conferencing
I take your point, and it's good advice, but I was wanting to recommend the website https://jackbox.tv/ and ANY SECURE VIDEO CONFERENCING APP BUT NOT ZOOM as a fun way of interacting with isolated loved ones, and relieving some of the monotony and boredom.

If using Zoom results in Facebook targeting me with some ads, I'm not that fussed. I rarely use it anyway. And I don't keep any sensitive or compromising data on my phones or computer. I don't feel at risk.

I'm not going to post anything revolutionary or life changing. Had a quiz via video call with my immediate family last weekend, it was great. Same planned for this Saturday - it might be very basic but it's something to look forward to and I can now also use it as an acceptable time to have a handful of beers, rather than getting arseholed on random nights of the week. I made a completely fake Facebook to do it and I only have my relatives as friends on the account. Great!

I have also discovered that my own cooking is far nicer than anything the work canteen can offer and I will only be taking my own food for lunch when we do eventually return to office.

I'm not going to post anything revolutionary or life changing. Had a quiz via video call with my immediate family last weekend, it was great. Same planned for this Saturday - it might be very basic but it's something to look forward to and I can now also use it as an acceptable time to have a handful of beers, rather than getting arseholed on random nights of the week. I made a completely fake Facebook to do it and I only have my relatives as friends on the account. Great!

I have also discovered that my own cooking is far nicer than anything the work canteen can offer and I will only be taking my own food for lunch when we do eventually return to office.
Have a go at this starts goes on-line 10 mins before the NHS clap & starts 20.15.

This is last weeks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.