COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the thing about a tiger in america who has caught covid from his human keeper,it was displaying symptoms,so far they dont think it can transfer it to a human

Vet on now says cats or dogs cant at this moment transfer it to humans although an owner and his domestic cat both had it

Pets can have it on them,picking it up from surfaces ,so just dont touch other peoples cats or dog,almost zero risk at this moment of transmission

interesting thing to keep an eye on though

this morning
Good luck taking that swab!
images

That country needs shock to it,trade embargoes until they they shut them down permanently, we are talking about the human race surviving and these fuckers and their stupid beliefs etc are goin* to wipe us out.

Get ready for the “that’s racist” brigade to jump on you mate.

Apparently you’re not allowed to be pissed off about food hygiene or animal rights in other countries.

You’re absolutely correct, of course.

Here’s my take. There is evidence that this drug has a therapeutic effect on this virus. As Fauci says the evidence is not yet sufficient to recommend it’s use. In normal circumstances there should be clinical trials with control groups so the efficacy of this drug can be assessed, which could take six months. If at the end of that six month period the results suggest that 50% more of those who took the drug survived, the drug would then be approved for use. However, in the meantime tens of thousands of people would have already died who could have been saved. This is a known drug with known side effects so the question is why not use it? If you had a loved one who was going to die would you want to wait for the results of the trial?
Because it has NOT been safety tested for covid patient,you have to study how covid patients react to it before you licence it,take it and you are putting yourself in danger

Our own kids have been given plenty of online assignments but, as you say, sometimes key workers need that extra security net of somebody else working from home.
I am also saying that despite having the opportunity to now send her kids to school my daughter self educates them, perhaps realising that school poses just as much a threat to her children as it does to your wjfe.

The threat for groups of people is sufficient to close schools so as you explained opening them for care of key personnel has the same risk so extra ways to prevent CV spread in limited schools should exist.

Watching the thing about a tiger in america who has caught covid from his human keeper,it was displaying symptoms,so far they dont think it can transfer it to a human

Vet on now says cats or dogs cant at this moment transfer it to humans although an owner and his domestic cat both had it

Pets can have it on them,picking it up from surfaces ,so just dont touch other peoples cats or dog,almost zero risk at this moment of transmission

interesting thing to keep an eye on though

this morning

The Germans went into some homes where everyone in the house was sick and tested everything and found no virus on or in the pets at all. They think contact transmission is almost non-existent.

I would not place much importance on the tiger story until its properly corroborated and replicated. Also doesnt make sense that the tiger lived with a bunch of others and none of them tested positive for it.

The Germans went into some homes where everyone in the house was sick and tested everything and found no virus on or in the pets at all. They think contact transmission is almost non-existent.

I would not place much importance on the tiger story until its properly corroborated and replicated. Also doesnt make sense that the tiger lived with a bunch of others and none of them tested positive for it.
Oh yeah i agree it low risk,it is interesting to me though,both the tiger and the domestic cat were tested and both have it,it might give an idea what this virus is up to

Because it has NOT been safety tested for covid patient,you have to study how covid patients react to it before you licence it,take it and you are putting yourself in danger
Don’t tell me, tell the doctors in New York who are giving this drug to their patients. Another hugely encouraging sign is that it seems to offer some protection to those who have taken it for other reasons. This could be really significant in Africa so fingers crossed this turns out to be the case.

It has firmly crossed the boundary from subjective to objective. There are papers published on the subject.
The 2 metre distance guide was brought in because of evidence. It is now clear that this advice is insufficient.
Have a look at your premise. It is not proven.
In saying that you are much more likely to get it from airborne than by touch, which isn’t proven, may lead to others deciding that hand washing is not needed and touching surfaces is fine.

All three articles say there is evidence of airborne infection, oh what a surprise, but not that it is the main source of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.