COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just worth pointing out that there is method in his madness, and that this drug is being administered en masse by doctors in New York. Just occasionally in an emergency an executive decision needs to be taken which doesn’t abide by all the normal rules. If there is the possibility to save human lives by adopting an unconventional approach then it makes sense to try it. Maybe some are blinded by their hatred of Trump?

I dont think people understand the side effects of these drugs.

It's been shown to have permanent psychiatric side effects in some people - hallucinations, personality changes, depression, extreme anxiety.

That's on top of all the nasty physical side effects. Like potential blindness. Or involuntary muscle twitches.

So bearing in mind that there has been no proof or even strong evidence of its efficacy in treating Covid-19 the fact they are using it is terrible.

Theres a reason no one else is using it widely, if the manufacturers didnt bribe your president, theres no need to.

Even Fauci said it could not be considered a treatment, which tells you that Trump is overruling his own medical advisors.

It's incredibly insulting to suggest that people who are not supportive of this very dangerous, unapproved drug with no evidence of working other than a complete joke of a study in France that excluded people who died from the results, that has been left alone by every developed country in the world except the one who is lead by a criminal fucking moron, are doing it because they dont like the moron.

Last edited:
We've been on rota since "lockdown"; started with 19 pupils but soon dwindled as we wormed out the chancers. Now between 4 and 6 pupils per day.
We have two teachers plus 2 from leadership. Leadership is chiefly taken up with telephone calls and visits to "vulnerable" families.
we've got Google Classroom up and running for "distance learning" and are doing our utmost to both support the key workers but to ensure school is as safe as possible, ie, not admitting pupils when they can safely stay at home.
Sensible allocation of resources. Although two leadership for 6 kids doesn’t seem so, maybe they’re there to keep one another company?
Had to laugh at my daughter who, after several months, was Head for the day yesterday. Asked her had she either sacked someone or excluded any of the nine kids?

Their acting Head did a great job on the first day. He worked out all the chancers, telephoned their parents and gave them a bollocking, not bad for only his third day on the job.
Daughter has sorted out the distance learning for her departments, just some of her dickhead teachers fucking it up by not reading their instructions. One of the kids even contacted her at 1.30am on Sunday having had an automated message saying he hadn’t logged on. Probably got it whilst on Call of Duty.

Have a look at your premise. It is not proven.
In saying that you are much more likely to get it from airborne than by touch, which isn’t proven, may lead to others deciding that hand washing is not needed and touching surfaces is fine.

All three articles say there is evidence of airborne infection, oh what a surprise, but not that it is the main source of infection.
Where did I say hand washing is not required?
It is.

What about the other link I post mate

Thanks so much for that!

It seems they have now announced a self-employment income support scheme - SEISS - I might be eligible as half my salary is PAYE and my dividends are split between myself and my wife. More importantly, it is a grant that doesn't need paying back and I can continue working.

My profits are also under the benchmark, but will check with my accountant if she thinks my last three year self-assessment returns will see me contacted by HMRC and paid 80 per cent accordingly.

The only grey area is I am an employee of my own company, so whether they would assess me as self-employed, I very much doubt.

Last edited:
Don’t tell me, tell the doctors in New York who are giving this drug to their patients. Another hugely encouraging sign is that it seems to offer some protection to those who have taken it for other reasons. This could be really significant in Africa so fingers crossed this turns out to be the case.
Very few drs in america are backing trump up with his advice to take it,they are not going to risk being sued if they give it to a covid patient and they die

Get ready for the “that’s racist” brigade to jump on you mate.

Apparently you’re not allowed to be pissed off about food hygiene or animal rights in other countries.

You’re absolutely correct, of course.
Nothing to do with race, anyone who think eating a rhinos dick or elephants balls to cure a fucking cold needs a serious word.

Don’t tell me, tell the doctors in New York who are giving this drug to their patients. Another hugely encouraging sign is that it seems to offer some protection to those who have taken it for other reasons. This could be really significant in Africa so fingers crossed this turns out to be the case.
4,000 patients are being closely monitored on the drug as part of a trial.

Trump is telling people that “maybe” they should take it. Whilst not monitored, whilst not know what side effects there could be for any underlying conditions they have.

There’s a reason the CMO of the US isn’t telling people to simply, maybe, try it.

Thanks so much for that!

It seems they have now announced a self-employment income support scheme - SEISS - I might be eligible as half my salary is PAYE and my dividends are split between myself and my wife. More importantly, it is a grant that doesn't need paying back and I can continue working.

My profits are also under the benchmark, but will check with my accountant if she thinks my last three year self-assessment returns will see me contacted by HMRC and paid 80 per cent accordingly.

No worries mate.think you should be ok

Again, shame that someone has to point this out, but doctors in NY are not giving this drug to their patients. The federal government shipped NY enough to treat 4,000 patients, and 2,000 people without symptoms are being put on a trial. Neither of those things translate to NY doctors treating patients with HcQ.

The only person who has a current claim that doctors are actually using this as a treatment is a white house economic adviser, Peter Navarro, but we're all expecting that claim to be slapped down by Cuomo today because it's bollocks, just like the time Trump said 1100 people were being treated with it in NY 8 days ago, and Cuomo dismissed that as a lie.

Thanks so much for that!

Devil’s advocate, but how the fuck will HMRC know if anyone like yourself furloughs the PAYE element of their income and carries on working anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.