Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Why are UEFA sticking their grubby noses into anything
When are these idiots going too realise there will be no European matches next season due to travel restrictions and a little thing called Coronavirus
They can see their pot of gold disappearing and realise they are finished as an organisation.
That’s my dream tbh. The season goes ahead here but no Europe for anyone. I never thought of this scenario. Thanks you for making me smile

I still dont see how they can make the scousers champions yet ignore promotion and relegation. The "yes but they almost certainly would have won" kinda falls flat when you watch this for instance:

'Almost certainly winning' isn't actually winning, City went on a 14 run sprint, overtaking a faltering Dippers
at the death. The Dippers have, is it 9 games and we have 10 left? It's more than feasible that they could collapse, lose 7 or 8 on the spin, and City do the same again, unless the maths come into it, it must be voided.
It won't, we all know, but the candle wavers can never truly say that they 'Won,' they didn't, and everyone would ram this down their throats, which is a scenario I'd be fucking delighted with.
Liverpool FC, still never won the Prem, just should have, could have, but didn't really.

With UEFA now saying that all leagues must be completed and cup competitions must be completed by the 3 August. This does leaves us enough time to finish the season. That will all depend on how the government deals with this coronavirus. I think that there will be at least another 3 weeks or maybe even longer of this lockdown. This is down to some idiots not doing as they are supposed to do and stay indoors.

I hope that when it is reviewed after Easter holidays they put another 4 weeks of lockdown before reviewing it again. This then would takes right into the middle of May. It has taken China 3 months of lockdown to get on top of the coronavirus. If the government did this would take us then middle end of June. It would not leave us much time to finish the season.

'Almost certainly winning' isn't actually winning, City went on a 14 run sprint, overtaking a faltering Dippers
at the death. The Dippers have, is it 9 games and we have 10 left? It's more than feasible that they could collapse, lose 7 or 8 on the spin, and City do the same again, unless the maths come into it, it must be voided.
It won't, we all know, but the candle wavers can never truly say that they 'Won,' they didn't, and everyone would ram this down their throats, which is a scenario I'd be fucking delighted with.
Liverpool FC, still never won the Prem, just should have, could have, but didn't really.
Hopefully our fans or another clubs fans will come up with a song to constantly remind them of this fact.....forever ;)

With UEFA now saying that all leagues must be completed and cup competitions must be completed by the 3 August. This does leaves us enough time to finish the season. That will all depend on how the government deals with this coronavirus. I think that there will be at least another 3 weeks or maybe even longer of this lockdown. This is down to some idiots not doing as they are supposed to do and stay indoors.

I hope that when it is reviewed after Easter holidays they put another 4 weeks of lockdown before reviewing it again. This then would takes right into the middle of May. It has taken China 3 months of lockdown to get on top of the coronavirus. If the government did this would take us then middle end of June. It would not leave us much time to finish the season.

Don't forget we will have to have a preseason usually a month or so before the league actually starts

As I see it:-
  1. The season finishes and the Bus Wreckers get the PL title and quite possibly our points record.
  2. The season is cut short and they are awarded the title.
  3. The season is declared void.
Obviously we would all prefer option (3) but I personally would settle for option (2). No joy for their feral fans and our record points tally is intact.

We have a 66.6% chance of getting something that will please most football fans, whilst at the same time pissing off those unfunny adenoidal twats.

As I see it:-
  1. The season finishes and the Bus Wreckers get the PL title and quite possibly our points record.
  2. The season is cut short and they are awarded the title.
  3. The season is declared void.
Obviously we would all prefer option (3) but I personally would settle for option (2). No joy for their feral fans and our record points tally is intact.

We have a 66.6% chance of getting something that will please most football fans, whilst at the same time pissing off those unfunny adenoidal twats.
If it meant we had fully beaten this virus, I suspect most would take option 1

Don't forget we will have to have a preseason usually a month or so before the league actually starts
Yes they will need to go on their money spinning PRE season tours round the world before they can even start to think about playing again!

It’s taken China 3 months to only contain it.. who knows how long it will be to fully control it. You can’t play any sport or have any large social gatherings until the vaccine has been rolled out. Could be another 12 months at least.
I’d say Olympics Euros etc will not take place next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.