Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It’s taken China 3 months to only contain it.. who knows how long it will be to fully control it. You can’t play any sport or have any large social gatherings until the vaccine has been rolled out. Could be another 12 months at least.
I’d say Olympics Euros etc will not take place next year
I work in Personal Protective Equipment and many of the products come from China. Certain areas returned to work a couple of weeks ago and quickly went back into lockdown. Also in South Korea, 51 people retested positive again after already having the disease. We are nowhere near returning in August.

There's a bit of an issue with how it scans but here is the new Liverpool version of The Invisible Man song...

We are not
We're not really Champions
We are not

Like the fans of
The Invisible Man

As each day passes I laugh a little bit more at the stupidity of Uefa, Premier League and the F.A. Greed is clouding their judgement so badly that they cannot see past finishing this season no matter what.

Oh and I also laugh at Liverpool just because I can.

I'm amazed that all the teams in the Bundesliga are now in full training.

As I see it:-
  1. The season finishes and the Bus Wreckers get the PL title and quite possibly our points record.
  2. The season is cut short and they are awarded the title.
  3. The season is declared void.
Obviously we would all prefer option (3) but I personally would settle for option (2). No joy for their feral fans and our record points tally is intact.

We have a 66.6% chance of getting something that will please most football fans, whilst at the same time pissing off those unfunny adenoidal twats.

I prefer option 4 personally:

4) No football played until it's all over and Dips and raggies go bust waiting

They can both re-start in a few years as Dipparville AFC and Rags AFC in the lower leagues

pair of Cnuts!!

Fuck that. Their form was falling off a cliff before the league got suspended and I could see them winning 1, drawing 2, and losing 6 of their last 9 games, while we would've won 10 on the bounce and pipped the c*nts on goal difference!
You are forgetting the 12th man at stockley park

It is a bit fuckingweird that the only club and thing that matters to the FA, the PFA,UEFA and FIFA, for some reason, is the completion of this year and the crowning of Liverpool.
Cellotape the latest to give them (only them?) hope that they’d be champions.

As each day passes I laugh a little bit more at the stupidity of Uefa, Premier League and the F.A. Greed is clouding their judgement so badly that they cannot see past finishing this season no matter what.

Oh and I also laugh at Liverpool just because I can.

I hope those at UEFA, PFL and the FA get a dose of it. Let's see what they have to say then

With UEFA now saying that all leagues must be completed and cup competitions must be completed by the 3 August. This does leaves us enough time to finish the season. That will all depend on how the government deals with this coronavirus. I think that there will be at least another 3 weeks or maybe even longer of this lockdown. This is down to some idiots not doing as they are supposed to do and stay indoors.

I hope that when it is reviewed after Easter holidays they put another 4 weeks of lockdown before reviewing it again. This then would takes right into the middle of May. It has taken China 3 months of lockdown to get on top of the coronavirus. If the government did this would take us then middle end of June. It would not leave us much time to finish the season.
China locked down their citizens with an iron fist, i dare say a few dissenters received a bullet and their death toll is bollocks. They're opening things up again but as there is no cure i wouldn't be surprised to see it pick up again. If reports are to be believed that are creeping out of China , they have lost 30,000 plus in Wuhan alone

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.