COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you read - We recommend waiting for them to be validated in controlled clinical trials - and think that's a saying to use them now, before the trials have concluded.

You really are nailing down the Fox News viewer stereotype.
If you're dying of corona virus I would suggest extreme caution would go out of the fucking window. Desperate times call for desperate measures

If you're dying of corona virus I would suggest extreme caution would go out of the fucking window. Desperate times call for desperate measures

If you're dying of coronavirus they can't give you chloroquinine anyway, as soon as your kidneys or heart struggle, it'll just kill you quicker.

That's why authorities are advising against it. It's got to be used pretty early and the side effects are horrendous.

Last edited:
Don`t know that area Ban as she lives about 7 miles from one of the citys, "Veliko Tarnovo".Love the place and I`ll always remember the first time we went and our daughter and hubby took us out for a Sunday dinner time beer.I paid for 3 beers and one Fanta Orange.Fucking cost me a fortune ... 4 Levs which at the time was approx.£1.99 !! You could seriously get pissed up over there on a £10.

I believe it’s lovely there, the girl that reports into me is from 45-60 mins away.

In Bansko, which is obviously their one of two ski resorts, a beer was £2. In France that would be £6 in most places.

It’s ace for a piss up.

Last edited:
Be interesting to get next few days numbers and see if we are still above chippys blue line after today's numbers see us above it after couple days below
I wouldn't take my messing about too seriously mate - many people have done way more complicated modeling than I have done. I was just playing around with the data and seeing how it looked to me. FWIW I only drew a quick gaussian distribution, but in reality I expect it to have a longer tail.

Anyway FWIW, here's the graph updated:

EDIT: Updated the wrong graph. Replacing with the one I posted originally.

Last edited:
FWIW, I am sticking with my 23,000 total deaths projection. This is the graph I posted previously, updated:

I wouldn't take my messing about too seriously mate - many people have done way more complicated modeling than I have done. I was just playing around with the data and seeing how it looked to me. FWIW I only drew a quick gaussian distribution, but in reality I expect it to have a longer tail.

Anyway FWIW, here's the graph updated:

What’s your prediction for lockdown end ? I want to go fishing.

Yes I know what it says. it's a recommendation.

I have a passing understanding of German, French, Spanish and Italian. I live in a country where 3 of those are official languages. I do however use google translate.

The discussion I hope is now closed as it's clear that hydroxychloroquine is being used outside of trials in many countries. I've provided survey results and national guidelines in support. Ive seen nothing to refute the claim.

I'm cycling for the next hour but look forward to a mountain of evidence to prove me wrong when I return.
I’m still waiting for your reply after I showed you that your link states that over 50% of US doctors that have prescribed hydroxychloroquine believe that doing nothing is better (compared with 23% that think hydroxychloroquine Is the best treatment) - also worth nothing that as many US doctors believe that paracetamol is as useful as hydroxychloroquine (21%).

I’m still waiting for your reply after I showed you that your link states that over 50% of US doctors that have prescribed hydroxychloroquine believe that doing nothing is better (compared with 23% that think hydroxychloroquine Is the best treatment) - also worth nothing that as many US doctors believe that paracetamol is as useful as hydroxychloroquine (21%).
A lot of American doctors are quacks anyway. We were in Florida years ago and the wife lost her Ms medicine. We went to see a doctor and he said the reason she had Ms was because she had an amalgam filling and wouldn't prescribed her Co codamol and valium

What’s your prediction for lockdown end ? I want to go fishing.
I dunno mate. We'd probably get as good an answer by holding a sweepstake. My guess would be that we're back down to levels which could allow it by mid to end of May. But there will be enormous political pressure to end it as soon as possible. So I'll plump for May 18th for easing of restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.