Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

New dualshock 5 (actual name is dualsense)

Suggests the PS5 will be white/black like the PSVR.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...w-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k.jpg

49746632758_470c1cca29_3k.jpg

My problem is my scouting is always for players that turn out mint in real life but FIFA 16, released in 2015, doesn’t know that they will.

I’ve got Jesus up front for fucking Hull but he’s still shit after 2 years of investment.

I keep playing him, sure that he’s only a few games away from being a worldie but it never comes.

:-(

Much like the real Jesus then, still waiting for the "new Ronaldo"

Wii U is a great shout. It is a pretty rubbish console (coming from an owner) but it certainly has its perks and will keep you amused for a few months.

Because the main controller has a screen on it, a lot of the games you can play just through the controller so you can let whoever else you're with watch what they want on the TV.

The games are much cheaper than the expensive Switch games. Some of which are almost exactly the same versions.

Mario Kart, Zelda BOTW and Super Smash are pretty much the same game on both consoles. Best place to look for one and the games is probably the CEX website. It's cheap and they offer a guarantee.

Just like to say thanks to you (and others) for your advice. Had a mega day on mario kart 8 and Wii sports today. Took longer to source the console, games and other bits cheaply than I thought, but we now have some decent stuff to do. Boxing the wife (virtually) is fun for both of us and may keep us both sane!

OK, I’m late to the party, I just purchased PlayStation 5 for the “kids”
Am I right in saying that unless you want the newest games then you can pay £99 a year which allows you to download 400+ games?

Which would you recommend, have a 3 year old, seven year old and i’ll want to play many different games. Any other tips for PS5 ownership?

Did you get a disk version of the PS5 or download only?

If you can afford ps+ I’d get it based on kids wanting to play different games.

However the other option is, if you got the disk version you could target shop on the likes of CEX, you could probably get a lot of cheap games targeted for you kids.

Did you get a disk version of the PS5 or download only?

If you can afford ps+ I’d get it based on kids wanting to play different games.

However the other option is, if you got the disk version you could target shop on the likes of CEX, you could probably get a lot of cheap games targeted for you kids.
I went for the Disk version with FIFA. Was initially looking at the cheaper games on game, amazon and Argos until I seen there was a subscription offer. I’m assuming if you have ps+ you probably need to buy additional memory for your device? Do you just download the game to your machine or it’s streamed?

Last edited:
I went for the Disk version with FIFA. Was initially looking at the cheaper games on game, amazon and Argos until I seen there was a subscription offer. I’m assuming if you have ps+ you probably need to buy additional memory for your device? Do you just download the game to your machine or it’s streamed?

I do have Ps+ and did get extra memory however it’s not really needed per se unless you want lots of games to hand instantly. Also you don’t need to necessarily pay for the official upgrade for storage. A general external ssd will do it. The games may just load a little slower. And it is a little if it’s an ssd. 15-20 seconds instead of 10-15 sort of thing

Depending on the level of subscription there are a mix of download and cloud/streamed games. All the ones I’ve tried are download tho.

You can always do the sub per month too. Costs more over all but gives a taster of it to see if it’s worth the money for your kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.