30 years ago today: Millwall v City

Ric

Administrator
Well, technically yesterday now. Anyway, given that we have no actual football to talk about at the moment, might as well revisit some old games. Great strike from Mark Ward, and it makes me laugh that they were only awarded an indirect free-kick in the box for that foul from Lake. They had the last laugh on it though.

Went to the cup game at the old den we were 2-0 down before we got in think that was round about the same time, might of ended up 3-1 if I remember rightly.

I did Millwall Away with Hereford once. It’s one of the loudest grounds I’ve ever been to. It was very much an in and out job. Beer in London Bridge and a train that takes you to an enclosed area. I felt pairs of eyes on me too.

Went to the cup game at the old den we were 2-0 down before we got in think that was round about the same time, might of ended up 3-1 if I remember rightly.

It was bloody freezing , and Hurlock was playing for them and was kicking anything that moved and the ref did bugger all , plod kept us in for half an hour so Millwall could gather their weapons and assemble outside , happy days.

It was bloody freezing , and Hurlock was playing for them and was kicking anything that moved and the ref did bugger all , plod kept us in for half an hour so Millwall could gather their weapons and assemble outside , happy days.
Yeah that's right.

Was at this game and pretty sure we had the whole away end, took around 3 - 4k that day which was considerably more than the two previous FA Cup games and league game a few seasons prior.

I was there.brilliant goal from Mark Ward,hit from distance with his right foot..the week before he scored an equaliser from a similar distance with his left .This was City under Kendall....under Machin,the previous manager we played a lot of young players and would have crumbled at a place like Millwall going 1down.
For the second week in sucession we came back from going behind..Reid Megson Harper etc toughened us up..you could see what it meant to Reid after we scored.i seem to remember he had a right battle with Hurlock that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.