Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

Found out yesterday a girl my daughter worked with passed away because of the virus, my daughter's pregnant and was put on early maternity leave so fortunate for her, but so sad as I remember this girl and her sister from when I was a teenager, and they were such genuinely lovely girls, a big loss to her family and the community.

Fortunately this is the closest it's come to me personally, and I hope it doesn't come any closer.

I've reported on here that both my lads have the virus, the youngest and his family seem to be in the clear, but the eldest, 45, seems not to be and is not coping well, his emotions seem to be fluctuating as the headaches and hard of breathing come and go, understandable..now today found out my ex wife has been sent home from her work at the hospital and both she and her husband are in isolation for 14 days.

She's been taking bloods from people who have had the symptoms and has become infected herself...on leaving for home, having been advised to do so by a doctor, her manager asked that she provide her with a bloody sick note within 2 days!!! Beyond belief...but I suppose once a manager and an empire builder, no matter the circumstances, it appears it never leaves some of them!...I'm thinking she won't be alone from such treatment by those in 'authority' because rules are goddamn rules. Bad enough people are putting their lives on the line without those trying to manage it behaving like that!
That manager needs his balls kicked. People putting themselves and their loved ones on the line being treated like, that makes my blood boil.. he should be sacked after getting a right good fucking hiding. I hope all of your people get through this mate.

My boss's, who is also a close friend, mum died yesterday. She was in a care home, they thought she was over the worst of it and had had it quite mildly but then suddenly deteriorated.

The whole thing is horrific, but worse of all to me not being able to properly be with loved ones at that last moment or to have a proper funeral. My thoughts are with everyone in that situation.

My boss's, who is also a close friend, mum died yesterday. She was in a care home, they thought she was over the worst of it and had had it quite mildly but then suddenly deteriorated.

The whole thing is horrific, but worse of all to me not being able to properly be with loved ones at that last moment or to have a proper funeral. My thoughts are with everyone in that situation.

Was thinking about this a while ago, I think we all imagine the scenario where we're there for one of our loved ones when the time comes, say our last goodbye's and so on, I think that's what's scaring my Mam most tbh (she's high risk), that we'll not be around her, not sure how I feel, and how I'd react to that personally, it's maybe as big a kick in the teeth as it is to lose someone in the first place, sincere condolences to your boss, an horrendous position to be in.

Hmmm... Mrs doctor JASR decided she couldn’t go to work... some early symptoms.. I also feel a bit rough, 1 child also randomly coughing...

See you on the other side...

Just to let you all know that I kne albert davey is getting better, they are hoping to bring him out of his coma in the next few days
Great news mate, put the post in the good news thread as well.

Edit....realised your post was from a week ago, hopefully all is still well with him.

I've reported on here that both my lads have the virus, the youngest and his family seem to be in the clear, but the eldest, 45, seems not to be and is not coping well, his emotions seem to be fluctuating as the headaches and hard of breathing come and go, understandable..now today found out my ex wife has been sent home from her work at the hospital and both she and her husband are in isolation for 14 days.

She's been taking bloods from people who have had the symptoms and has become infected herself...on leaving for home, having been advised to do so by a doctor, her manager asked that she provide her with a bloody sick note within 2 days!!! Beyond belief...but I suppose once a manager and an empire builder, no matter the circumstances, it appears it never leaves some of them!...I'm thinking she won't be alone from such treatment by those in 'authority' because rules are goddamn rules. Bad enough people are putting their lives on the line without those trying to manage it behaving like that!
The rules are that you don’t need a sick note (or fit note as it’s now called) for the first 7 days. If you’re off longer than 7 days you usually need a GP or other medical professional to sign you off. However, if you’re self isolating due to you or someone you live with having symptoms, there is an online form you can use instead. https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note

I posted it in a different thread last week but an elderly neighbour of my parents died with the virus. It completely takes on a more terrifying form once it has affected somebody you knew. I feel more disdainful than ever towards conspiracy theorists.

2 colleagues and a close friend have lost family members to this **** of a disease.

I also know several who have had it recently, one is a 30 year old who was in a bad way.

And we’re convinced my mum had it before Christmas.

She’s never had a day off sick in her life, never gets the flu but was in bed coughing her guts up with a fever for a week in December. It was that bad a doctor came out to see her at home and he didn’t know what it was. It got to the point where we were very worried and she’s a very healthy 48 year old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.