COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how can that be a plan though? Surely they can't reason it.

My view on it is, they are building a LOT of extra capacity with the Nightingale hospitals. add into the mix that the natural drop in capacity being used by flu patients means in the next month we will be in a far better place to help people who get it.

with that in mind, and an eye on the economy I can see us loosening the lockdown, trying to get a smaller peak when we have the capacity to handle it.

if we wait too long we end up hitting a peak again when the flu peaks start again.

There's a lot we don't know yet.

Animal human reverse infection. Re Tigers in zoo.

People possibly getting it again quite soon after all clear. Korea

The distance needed to avoid infection. See video above.

Taking all this into account, going back to school or work anytime soon would seem crazy.

The problem with the last bit of your comment is that if people can't go back to work in a reasonable timeframe (I'd say mid to late May) then millions won't be going back at all as huge swathes of the economy will have collapsed.

I wonder how many people have managed to stop smoking, if they don't stop with this incentive, they never will.

breathing can transmit at 2m
coughing upto 4m
sneezing up to 7/8m

Areosol vs droplet now no longer applies and considered old fashioned thinking.

Slightly off-topic perhaps but I am finding his videos informative, but increasingly annoying. In that he always takes 30 minutes to explain what could be explained in 3. And the needless and endless repetition. They are so tedious, I find myself giving up after a few minutes - I just wish he would get on with it much more.

The line of questioning from journalists is almost as if they want to rush the government into lifting the lockdown restrictions. It takes as long as it takes and if the media are seen to becoming frustrated it'll spread to the public.

A Chinese Professor living in Nottingham has just been telling BBC News not to believe China in what they’ve reported throughout all of this.

But that we should learn about how they lockdown in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.