COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US have announced people under 59 can take money out of their 401k (a pension to us) without paying the ten per cent tax right away.

They can either put the money back in over a three-year period or pay the tax on it at the end of the three years.

Why the fuck can't the UK offer likewise?

I've got £70k in an Aviva that I can't touch for another 15 years at the earliest.

Lockdown

"We will be led by the scientific evidence of when is the right moment for the changes to be made," health minister Edward Argar told Kay Burley@Breakfast.

"At the moment that is not the right moment
Karen the right moment could be ages away ,I was waiting at a zebra crossing and 2 young girls in a car were sharing a cigarette,just so stupid the way thing are.

The per capita infection rates across Ireland (figures from the official Government website, apparently)......

cOjOIhX.png

Anyone have the equivalent figure for the UK, or Italy?
It's on the Telegraph case map. Click on the local authority
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/coronavirus-uk-cases-deaths-world-map-live/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-reviewed-Monday-Downing-Street-confirms.html

"However, ministers have suggested they are keen for schools to reopen after Easter if the situation does stabilise, with claims they have little impact on the spread and could help revive the crippled economy, "

If schools open, that doesn't revive the economy without people going back to work, no?
It mentions one unnamed minister, its hardly 'they're thinking about it'.
What they are talking about everything is being led by the science of it all.
Yes it would be great for the economy but not if it's detrimental to the nations health.

Last edited:
And if the scientists don’t have answers what then? I have a horrible feeling this virus isn’t going away and we will have to come to accept it as part of life.
Of course it’s not going away. Over a month ago, I saw experts saying COVID-19 will eventually become a seasonal illness that we have to deal with in perpetuity, but of course most will hopefully be vaccinated over the coming years.

Clearly the lockdown won't be eased next week & I doubt anyone thought it would be. I've expected a further three weeks extension right from the start but any longer without a significant easing is hugely problematic.

A combination of social distancing, still shielding older people, no large gatherings etc should allow a large proportion of the population to return to work. Any longer and the economy may well have been damaged beyond repair in any sort of reasonable timeframe.

And if the scientists don’t have answers what then? I have a horrible feeling this virus isn’t going away and we will have to come to accept it as part of life.
I think it will come back like flu but we will have a vaccine,it is a new virus and the scientist are still learning but we have all the scientist in the world working on all kinds of solutions,we are not in this on our own,we are also behind other european countries so we watch how they lift their lockdown and learn fom that,providing we are up for learning now what we didnt do at the start

this is a good explaination

The coronavirus is "hit and run" and not as well shielded from the immune system as some others - meaning it could be easier to develop a vaccine.

The scientists who made the discovery called it "very encouraging"He said it was "a very encouraging message for vaccine development", although any such product is still widely considered to be at least a year away

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...entists-find-virus-has-low-shielding-11970430

Last edited:
The do have answers. See what this vet did in the Faroe Islands https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ist-hailed-faroe-islands-lack-covid-19-deaths

We have existing technology to test it, and new technology is now available (Abbots Labs).

I think you're right. We will have to learn to live with it for a while but not sat frightened in our homes but back working and living a semi-normal existence. We'll gradually get there.

We're all impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.