COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we hear of another 800 plus deaths and the death of a twenty nine year old nurse in Newcastle , what do people think the appropriate punishment should be for the idiots still ignoring the advice given by Government? Personally I’d be happy for these wankers spending the next ten years behind bars .

It's surreal to think that the UK (once all the totals clear today) will have had more deaths on a single day than Italy has, given how bad their outbreak was there and they lost control of it. We've not even been out of control and we've still hit those numbers.

Edit - yep.

God I hope it starts to slow down soon.

Last edited:
As we hear of another 800 plus deaths and the death of a twenty nine year old nurse in Newcastle , what do people think the appropriate punishment should be for the idiots still ignoring the advice given by Government? Personally I’d be happy for these wankers spending the next ten years behind bars .

fine them significantly, win/win - dickheads will learn and government get money they could so desperately do with now

Not necessarily,we are still letting people fly into the country including bringing our own people back from all over

That doesn't matter. 90% of the country is locked down. The rate of transmission before the lockdown is certain to be higher than after the lockdown, which is what makes this the peak.

A few people flying back home really doesn't matter in the long run...hence why it's still happening.

Today is 19 days since the schools and pubs/bars and shops shut.

So this should be us hitting the peak. This will be the worst week, the people dying here got infected just prior to lockdown.

Our lockdown has been a lot softer than other countries though. I reckon it'll tail longer.

Do you have the facts and figures on this ? just interested to read actual source
There is no source i can give you but we have never shut our borders,we have been wide open from the start,we haven't been checking anyone flying in

People still stranded

Last week, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps estimated about 300,000 UK travellers were stranded abroad due to the coronavirus pandemic.

So far, about 2,000 British nationals from seven countries have been brought back on flights organised by the Foreign Office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52182184

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.