COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
im certainly no testing expert, but the antibody test i think is the important one, now im not sure if thats the one that is 100% reliable,if it is they need to random test on a massive scale, an app on your phone which will alow you to travel, work etc,to enable this we would need 100% lock down and start from that,it would take weeks if not months and also fully close the UK borders off if its not been done

Thats why I think it will open a can of worms as the majority I think would take the tests but they will be a a proportion of people who will refuse to be even tested for different reasons

Sorry if it's already been asked and answered, but why is this only now becoming common knowledge?

The experiment was done with healthy subjects, so surely we've always known these distances (i.e., they're not unique to COVID-19). I struggle to believe that someone has only now decided to find out how far sneeze particles can travel, so what am I missing?

(Caveat: I only got 12 mins in so this may be explained later in the video)
The assumption from the WHO is that this virus is/was NOT airborne because they couldn't prove it was. A rather fucking stupid assumption if you ask me considering SARS was airborne, but sort of understandable as Coronavirus doesnt really cause sneezes, Im not too surprised absolute proof was difficult to ascertain. No longer though.
Airborne means the very smallest particles (around 10 microns) expelled from breathing /talking /coughing /sneezing contain virus particles and they drift in the air for a long time before falling to the ground.
It should be noted that the slightest bit of wind grounds these particles. Hence the old wives tale about ventilating a house and bedrooms to keep people healthy.
What does this mean?
Well people have to wear masks / scarves over their mouths and nose in public transport, in the workplace and whilst shopping.
All whilst still observing strict hygiene by washing your hands of course.
Also workplaces and corridoors in high rise apartments blocks have to be well ventilated.

It's just not a problem. 2,000 people over 3 weeks in a country of 70,000,000 coming off a plane, walking through a barely staffed airport and going home into lockdown immediately.

Even if all 2,000 were infected (and lets be clear here that it's unlikely they are, because they've been in lockdown in the hotel rooms they've been stranded in with almost no contact with the outside world for 2 weeks) it wouldn't make a ripple in the overall numbers of deaths after the peak or spreading of the virus.

We went from having nearly 70,000,000 people out and about spreading the virus or being able to get infected, to maybe 7,000,000 at a stretch overnight when the lockdown came in. That's what causes the drop off from the lockdown. And you're worried about 2,000 people over 3 weeks.

Just think it through.
ASIDE FROM were my first words

The assumption from the WHO is that this virus is/was NOT airborne because they couldn't prove it was. A rather fucking stupid assumption considering SARS was airborne but as Coronavirus doesnt really cause sneezes, Im not too surprised absolute proof was difficult to ascertain. Mo longer though.
Airborne means the very smallest particles (around 10 microns) expelled from breathing /talking /coughing /sneezing contain virus particles and they drift in the air for a long time before falling to the ground.
It should be noted that the slightest bit of wind grounds these particles. Hence the old wives tale about ventilating a house and bedrooms to keep people healthy.
What does this mean?
Well people have to wear masks / scarves over their mouths and nose in public transport, in the workplace and while shopping.
All whilst still observing strict hygiene by washing your hands.
Also workplaces and corridoors in high rise apartments blocks have to be well ventilated.

MERS isn't airborne though so maybe thats why they were cautious.

well said, think alot more outrage would be shown and government would be taking immediate action if we was casually letting in thousands of passengers every day without any precautions (which was the case a few weeks ago) but now now
You may be used to seeing temperature checks at airports around the world, as some airports operate checks year-round regardless of outbreaks of illnesses. You may have arrived at Gatwick from an airport that checked your temperature before you boarded your plane.

Following Public Health England (PHE) advice, there are currently no temperature checks at Gatwick or any other UK airport.

https://www.gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-services/coronavirus/

so i take it in those cases the people without or very low antibodys are likely to be re infected,which put a percentage back to square one,on that basis only a vacine will sort this out for many people

honestly not sure, not sure how someone could have beaten it without having antibodies to do it. but im not a doctor so maybe there other ways its cleared the system?

Thats why I think it will open a can of worms as the majority I think would take the tests but they will be a a proportion of people who will refuse to be even tested for different reasons
well thats the reason for the app on your phone if your not infected you receive a permit to go outdoors without that your arrested or whatever,its going to be tough

It's just not a problem. 2,000 people over 3 weeks in a country of 70,000,000 coming off a plane, walking through a barely staffed airport and going home into lockdown immediately.

Even if all 2,000 were infected (and lets be clear here that it's unlikely they are, because they've been in lockdown in the hotel rooms they've been stranded in with almost no contact with the outside world for 2 weeks) it wouldn't make a ripple in the overall numbers of deaths after the peak or spreading of the virus.

We went from having nearly 70,000,000 people out and about spreading the virus or being able to get infected, to maybe 7,000,000 at a stretch overnight when the lockdown came in. That's what causes the drop off from the lockdown. And you're worried about 2,000 people over 3 weeks.

Just think it through.
Good to see you have done a 180 degree u-turn on your previous position where you were arguing strongly that we should have seen a spike from the Cheltenham (or was in Anfield) events. And I was insisting no such spike would be seen.

honestly not sure, not sure how someone could have beaten it without having antibodies to do it. but im not a doctor so maybe there other ways its cleared the system?
Our medic s are saying the antibody test is not done till 28 days after symptoms started,it seems quite time specici

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.