COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
MERS isn't airborne though so maybe thats why they were cautious.
Maybe. You also have to get a pretty high viral load to catch it this way to get past your natural defences (mucus etc).
But caution would have been better rather than doctrine. Thus in the far east where folks wear masks because of SARS it will have reduced the transmission rate to some degree - Possibly the difference between far east and european infection graphs though research would have to prove that.

Good to see you have done a 180 degree u-turn on your previous position where you were arguing strongly that we should have seen a spike from the Cheltenham (or was in Anfield) events. And I was insisting no such spike would be seen.

Chippy...I don't know what you're talking about.

I never changed my position on Cheltenham or Anfield. The day after Cheltenham I said the ICL study predicted it wouldn't be a problem, and if it was we'll find out in 15 days. After there was no spike I said look there was no spike it wasn't a problem, just like ICL predicted.

You can search the thread for my posts on it. I've made 9 that include Cheltenham and they're all consistent. No U turn.

You've invented my position once again to start an argument.

Our medic s are saying the antibody test is not done till 28 days after symptoms started,it seems quite time specici
This was mentioned on a TV program I was watching this morning. You still have viral debris lying around for a few weeks after recovery that will probably mess up an antibody test.

It's just not a problem. 2,000 people over 3 weeks in a country of 70,000,000 coming off a plane, walking through a barely staffed airport and going home into lockdown immediately.

Even if all 2,000 were infected (and lets be clear here that it's unlikely they are, because they've been in lockdown in the hotel rooms they've been stranded in with almost no contact with the outside world for 2 weeks) it wouldn't make a ripple in the overall numbers of deaths after the peak or spreading of the virus.

We went from having nearly 70,000,000 people out and about spreading the virus or being able to get infected, to maybe 7,000,000 at a stretch overnight when the lockdown came in. That's what causes the drop off from the lockdown. And you're worried about 2,000 people over 3 weeks.

Just think it through.
There’s your problem, the last sentence

Chippy...I don't know what you're talking about.

I never changed my position on Cheltenham or Anfield. The day after Cheltenham I said the ICL study predicted it wouldn't be a problem, and if it was we'll find out in 15 days. After there was no spike I said look there was no spike it wasn't a problem, just like ICL predicted.

You can search the thread for my posts on it. I've made 9 that include Cheltenham and they're all consistent. No U turn.

You've invented my position once again to start an argument.

You've just done it again.

In this very post I am quoting here, you're saying if there was a spike due to Cheltenham, we'd see it.

And yet there you were are in the post I quoted a few minutes ago, arguing the very opposite.

Small numbers of additional infections are either lost in the noise, or not. You can't have it both ways.

There’s your problem, the last sentence
another one that cant read

Aside from the 2,000 brits we have brought back there is how many on flights from everywhere in the last week that we haven't stopped? They only need to meet up with one other person each,if they are infected of course,it is naive to think none of that matters

someone on here said Spain do 2 data dumps a day on it so worldmeter may just have the 1st one so far.
They update about 8 pm.
Spain have been getting better at collecting statistics as it barely moved at all for a few days and didn't change at all yesterday.

another one that cant read

Aside from the 2,000 brits we have brought back there is how many on flights from everywhere in the last week that we haven't stopped? They only need to meet up with one other person each,if they are infected of course,it is naive to think none of that matters
Do you think we should have left them where they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.