League Cup Newcastle '76

Didn’t Tueart sometime conduct the Kippax after scoring when they sang his name.

Dennis Tueart took the cup into the Newcastle dressing room after the game filled with champagne. He was offering them a drink “as a consolation”. Even as a kid that struck me as odd: they’ve just lost the biggest game of their lives and a swig of warm flat champagne is supposed to make it better?

I think I saw it in a football annual at the time but I’ve never forgotten it for some reason.

DSC-0465.jpg

Coach from Withington Library with my dad. I was 11. Lost him last year. CTID. Stay safe blues.

Did he speak 'in the 3rd person' (like Ibrahimovic does nowadays) ?
He used to do that - "Dennis would like another cup of coffee", for example.
Great player and one of my heroes but that came as a bit of a disappointment when I met him years ago. Never meet your heroes etc etc. Still an all time City great though.

i have never been disappointed when I’ve met him.
But as Gary Owen once said. “Out of the two of us, it’s me you would want to go out on the piss with”

But as Gary Owen once said. “Out of the two of us, it’s me you would want to go out on the piss with”
Gary might have a point, doesn,t his daughter have a bar in town, he could prob get a few on the house.

And after seeing him before and after at Brighton last season I think that is probably correct !!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.