COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing our daily food road and the roads seem busier than last week. In the afternoon we have been grass cutting along the sea front. I have never seen the sea front so busy on a week day not even in school holidays. Lots of walkers, and even more on bikes. Mostly these are family groups. Not sure this lock down is working in our seaside town. Lots of people sitting on seats but the beach is fairly empty.

I think the problem is people driving to somewhere to walk,if you have an accident you not only take up a bed but you put yourself at risk of catching the virus,i think we only supposed to be close to home
Yes, that’s true, on the other hand if by driving 10 15 minutes you can get away from popular walking circuits , that may be better. It’s about common sense and everyones circumstances will be different depending where they live..

I like walking my dogs every evening, a full lockdown isn't the right thing nor is it necessary as it hasn't worked in Spain or Italy at a sufficient rate to go into it now.
You’ve no idea if it’s worked in Spain or not.

We don’t have the resources to deal with all the dickheads. Not seen one policeman personally round my way. Not one. Plenty of people flouting the rules though. They can’t be everywhere at once. So there’s no option.
Gonna struggle policing a full scale lockdown then.
The vast majority of people I see or know are doing the right things. Punishing everyone for the behaviour of a minority would be counter productive and completely unmanageable.

We’re not really in lockdown. Seen loads of people out and most shops near me have barely any social distancing measures in place
This post is just bizzare, it’s fucking dead out there, you live just outside cheadle hulme in scuttervil, don’t what shops you go to but if it’s gigis or yummys then I hold my hands up, but cheadle hulme no queues and pimllots the butchers one in one out. No planes no trains no cars, made up that you’ve seen loads, but scuttervil maybe so.

We don’t have the resources to deal with all the dickheads. Not seen one policeman personally round my way. Not one. Plenty of people flouting the rules though. They can’t be everywhere at once. So there’s no option.
I don’t want it to happen. I’ve enjoyed going out cycling, jogging and walking at times I’m usually in work. But I’ve just felt there’s been a change in numbers out and about this week, seen lots of things online with people saying the same thing.

And many of them I saw today were abiding by the law by being out jogging and cycling but they were running right past others within two metres and when cyclists are close to the pavement they’re well within two metres of you on the pavement. Some cyclists, if you learn forward a bit, you could give them a kiss on the cheek as they went past they’re so close to you.

This isn’t just a usual situation, this is a lockdown, and it’s been implemented in Italy and Spain.

I understand what both of you are saying, however neither of you have addressed the fundamental point made, that you both, I and many others will abide by a full lock down, but those being dickheads now and not behaving will continue to be dickheads and do as they please whilst we’re all stuck inside climbing the walls.
As a nation we should act responsibly, and those that can’t should be dealt with, and severely.

Yes, that’s true, on the other hand if by driving 10 15 minutes you can get away from popular walking circuits , that may be better. It’s about common sense and everyones circumstances will be different depending where they live..
Well no because everyone turned up at the beauty spots the other day because they all thought the same thing,bottom line is people are not supposed to be moving about,take a walk round the block a few times and leave the car alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.