COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask. Has it actually been ruled out you can get this more than once?
a couple of people over china way appear to have got it twice but that might be faulty tests,our medics say you get immunity when you have had it but they dont know if it is lifelong or short term

In Bolivia only one adult is allowed out from each household. If your ID ends in 1 or 2, you can go out on Monday, 3 or 4, Tuesday etc. No-one is allowed out at weekend.

Maybe in the UK they could divide it up differenty 8-9am pensioners, 9-10:30 middle aged, 4-5pm, yoof etc.

I like walking my dogs every evening, a full lockdown isn't the right thing nor is it necessary as it hasn't worked in Spain or Italy at a sufficient rate to go into it now.
well i dont think they have been catching the virus in their houses in italy and spain,the numbers havnt come good yet but they will, full lockdown is around the corner not because of you and your dogs but the dickheads that have been out and bought new bikes and new lycra outfits, they didnt bother before so why are they so obsesed now, i hope you have a yard or good back garden for your dogs and hopefully for not to long

In Bolivia only one adult is allowed out from each household. If your ID ends in 1 or 2, you can go out on Monday, 3 or 4, Tuesday etc. No-one is allowed out at weekend.

Maybe in the UK they could divide it up differenty 8-9am pensioners, 9-10:30 middle aged, 4-5pm, yoof etc.
What if, like me, you’re young at heart?

I would imagine that more draconian measures are possibly required due to lack of resource to police a soft lockdown. The few idiots spoil it for everyone else. I do agree with the sentiment of your post but it sems that many people are unable or unwilling to grasp the notion that it applies to them.
A few more on-the-spot fines would have a big effect. I’d much rather see that than everyone get “punished”. Would it really take a massive resource?

Can I ask. Has it actually been ruled out you can get this more than once?

To their best knowledge on how this kind of virus works (the coronavirus being a known group), they're quite strong in their belief that you can't, but scientists won't say concretely that you can't because it goes against their nature and ethics. They deal with evidence before confirming anything, and the simple answer is that they just don't fully know yet as its just not been long enough. No scientist worth their salt will say people will be immune a year from now as they can't prove that 100%. They're best guess is yes, as there's no obvious reason our body won't develop immunity, like it does all the time for other viruses, but... ya just never know? Can only be certain when you're certain.

I'd also suggest that there are lots of companies who have re opened in the last week, a lot of businesses were unclear what to do following Boris's lock down announcement and so made the decision to close, at it has become apparent that their competitors have remained open they in turn have returned to work.

More people returning to work means more people out and about to get to and from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.