COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what’s happening to crime figures? I’d expect them to be up in some categories, down overall, but am willing to be corrected.

Crime is massively down but then again resources are down with self isolation and shielding. The worry is about how much crime is being committed behind closed doors, for example domestic abuse/violence but measures are in place to try and mitigate some of this risk. Also, the weather has been favourable until yesterday, when we started to see a warmer climate and with this comes higher demand. The next week or so will be very interesting, particularly this weekend, nice weather, Easter weekend, will the masses be able to contain their desire to go out, get drunk and then commit mayhem as well as further spreading coronavirus. Time will tell.

I was thinking earlier, why are we talking about 'flattening' just yet when we don't know how long the virus has been here and whom it's affected in reality. Chris Cuomo asks this as the first question:

I have been watching him every night,interesting to see how he is doing with being ill

Crime is massively down but then again resources are down with self isolation and shielding. The worry is about how much crime is being committed behind closed doors, for example domestic abuse/violence but measures are in place to try and mitigate some of this risk. Also, the weather has been favourable until yesterday, when we started to see a warmer climate and with this comes higher demand. The next week or so will be very interesting, particularly this weekend, nice weather, Easter weekend, will the masses be able to contain their desire to go out, get drunk and then commit mayhem as well as further spreading coronavirus. Time will tell.
Burglary is down obviously because no one is leaving home. Wait until building sites go back to work and warehouses. They will be the targets. It's not fucking rocket science. They reel these stats out, haven't they got better things to do

And despite them panting in your face and flinging their sweat particles at you, it tends to be the runners that lose their shit at people for breaching social distancing. They think they are kings/queens of the pavement. Worrying about their pacing/time during a global pandemic.

Wrong on a lot of counts and very disrespectful to be honest

I run every day and raise money for charities
I have been polite and keeping my distance every time I'm out, even running on the road.
People like you are jealous of runners that's all, dont tar everyone with the same brush.

Wrong on a lot of counts and very disrespectful to be honest

I run every day and raise money for charities
I have been polite and keeping my distance every time I'm out, even running on the road.
People like you are jealous of runners that's all, dont tar everyone with the same brush.
The point is, they're a fucking nuisance when us strollers are trying to comply, in an orderly manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.