Name something important that you know nothing about

I'm being serious , making a will .Probably been put off finding out about doing one for fear of it being a bad omen etc

I'm 55,my grandad remarried after my gran died and he died in 1986 so id of been 21,he had money and none of my relatives ,parent,sister ,cousins etc got a penny when he died,he didnt make a will,his new wife got the lot and it has always left me a bit angry

Making a will is painless. I've never had any dealings with cheapo will writing services, so can't comment on them.
So, go to a solicitor and get it done. One thing to look out for is Blairs reforms of probate. It can now take a long time. So, if you have a wife and kids ask the solicitor about lasting powers of attorney which means that they can operate your bank ac. etc after your death and before probate. Important if, say, you have a pension, life assurance or a mortgage in you sole name.

I don't know how cars work. I'm 45 this year and I haven't got the first clue. A lot of people my age will have had dads who were forever tinkering with their rustbuckets in the 80s and could have learned from them, indeed a few people I know did just that but I never had a dad and never saw the appeal in cars when I was young so now I'm completely oblivious as to what's under a car bonnet. Shame on me!

I got my driving license when I was 41. I am 43 now and I used it maybe 20 times in last 2 years and once in last 18 months. Completely don't give a fuck about driving. Wife is good driver though, I just sit and enjoy.

Making a will is painless. I've never had any dealings with cheapo will writing services, so can't comment on them.
So, go to a solicitor and get it done. One thing to look out for is Blairs reforms of probate. It can now take a long time. So, if you have a wife and kids ask the solicitor about lasting powers of attorney which means that they can operate your bank ac. etc after your death and before probate. Important if, say, you have a pension, life assurance or a mortgage in you sole name.

Anyone who can read can set up power of attorney for themselves.
Download the forms.
Fill them in.
Pay the fee.
Easy.

my 3 kids will have power of attorney over me and my wife financially and health wise when the time comes. Paperwork all done.

also we got mirror wills done through my union solicitors for peanuts.

I could never get me head round setting the timer on the video thingy recorder back in the day..and when I hear folks talking about cut. copy or paste on a p.c I just haven't. Got a clue...

I am copying and pasting this post into the 'Things That Annoy You' thread. Likeness ? Likefuckingness, are you my now dead dad ?

He used to get his camera out and say 'I'll just take your likeness'
I can see staying in is slowly getting to you. :)

I've thought about this question since it was first posted, sorry I've got nothing......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.