COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the interesting aspects of this epidemic is the connection between gender and infection. Men are much more likely to be infected and also have a worse prognosis once infected. Generally women incur lower levels of bacterial and viral infections, and yet suffer from a higher incidence of autoimmune diseases. There are at least two factors: hormones and the X chromosome of which women have two, one from each parent. Normally one of the X chromosomes is deactivated but in 10% of women this is thought not to occur and this can have both positive and negative consequences.

Apologies if this has been discussed, dissected, cogitated already but I stepped away from this thread last week (same with much of the news tbf, though dip into a few scientific papers and follow virologists on twitter) as my well being was pulling a balancing act.
But has any of the conspiracy theories at all been even considered? Not the ridiculous 5G ‘theory’ but ones linking it to (for example) ‘global analysts trying to offset a global war or for financial implications’.
I’ve read it’s almost certainly a zoological virus rather than mad made so just what are these theories based theories on?
Not at all convinced myself but there’s a few small c conservative types discussing the plausibility.
Entirely nonsensical?
Entirely.

My lead hand (still in training) was told to self isolate for 14 days as he had all the symptoms and failed all the regular tests for flu etc. I've been dropping off meals and checking in on him...his truck was gone yesterday and didn't return till this afternoon. Now there are several other vehicles over there and a fire going, I texted him and he spent an over nighter on the river with his buds because he feels fine.

Kinda lost for words, now as far as I'm concerned he needs to re isolate...probably be replacing the lad, shame

"Most of the UK population are wankers." Really? I find the opposite: it's a minority that flout the rules.
We’ve been in lock down two weeks. If it was two months, you’d see a great deal many more doing the same. Hence why it’s a fine line to tread for the Govt about timing the lockdown. And I’m basically paraphrasing Boris anyway.

I am livid. My daughter is a mental health nurse. She is working without any masks etc. Her clients are highly vulnerable and more likely to flout lock down. Her husband is a community health worker. Again no masks. In January when this thing was first reported I bought a box of masks.. it was a bit of a joke. Never used them. I have given them to them. Their teams are delighted. Not only is it more than they have been given but they are better masks. A box of 50 and it cost me £14 on Amazon.
This is the state of our NHS in 2020.... (they also tell me that some of the equipment given out is out of date with stickers over the top)

why once again do we have an example of those charged with enforcing the rules just fucking ignoring them? You get cops on line moaning about a lack of PPE then they stand shoulder to shouler like this ffs?

So you don't like the police. I work in custody. Please tell me how we are supposed to practise social distancing when you must search detainees, often strip search them, must fingerprint them and sometimes restrain very violent people? All from 2 metres away? Custody has no windows, no fresh air and no ability of working from home. Yet we are normal people under that uniform; people with families, vulnerable elderly relatives-nobody wants to catch the virus or pass it on, but some of us don't have the privilege to sit at home and criticise those that put themselves in harms way.

So you don't like the police. I work in custody. Please tell me how we are supposed to practise social distancing when you must search detainees, often strip search them, must fingerprint them and sometimes restrain very violent people? All from 2 metres away? Custody has no windows, no fresh air and no ability of working from home. Yet we are normal people under that uniform; people with families, vulnerable elderly relatives-nobody wants to catch the virus or pass it on, but some of us don't have the privilege to sit at home and criticise those that put themselves in harms way.
Not a massive police fan but I dont know how coppers dont react when little twats spit at them etc giving it ten nil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.