COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS Mark Curnow E Section FSG (@Forrest4556) Tweeted: We made an arrest for breach of bail of a high risk DA offender and issued three COVID fixed penalty notices this morning, following a vehicle failing to stop for our traffic colleagues in St Austell. Apparently the occupants had travelled over 150 miles to see ‘friends’?! ‍♂️

What's happened to county lines?

why once again do we have an example of those charged with enforcing the rules just fucking ignoring them? You get cops on line moaning about a lack of PPE then they stand shoulder to shouler like this ffs?

What the fuck?!

And yet when I called the Police after having fireworks fired me at a cash point in Rusholme a few years ago, I couldn’t get a single one to turn up.

So you don't like the police. I work in custody. Please tell me how we are supposed to practise social distancing when you must search detainees, often strip search them, must fingerprint them and sometimes restrain very violent people? All from 2 metres away? Custody has no windows, no fresh air and no ability of working from home. Yet we are normal people under that uniform; people with families, vulnerable elderly relatives-nobody wants to catch the virus or pass it on, but some of us don't have the privilege to sit at home and criticise those that put themselves in harms way.
By not having 23 people stood right next to each other doing nothing. Yes, some things are unavoidable, but that video is a piss take. If that was a group of people from the general public who were just all stood there next to each other I’d be calling for them to be charged with attempting to spread a biological weapon (and I have numerous times in this thread).

I’m much more anti-cunts in society than I am the cunts in the Police (first hand experience of it as a football fan who are classed as second class citizens by some officers) and I wouldn’t blink twice if these fucking evil cunts who are saying the have COVID-19 and coughing a spitting at officers were shot in the head... but come on. All those Police stood next to each other like that?

It's staggering what UK is doing. The only explanation is that it's in "herd immunity in disguise" plan. Make "stay at home" public appeals to cover your arses as much as possible, but let most of the things going on in the real time. Even USA has more strict things going on.

There are many more explanations than that.

Been at work all week , we have picked up over 14 tons of food from a warehouse and delivered this to local food banks daily.

On Wednesday we had finished by midday so we t and cut the grass along the seafront to keep it looking nice. I have never seen it so busy with cyclist, walkers and joggers. I over heard one family saying where to head to . At the speed they were cycling at I would guess they ride would take a about 4 hours !.
We drove passed the seafront again yesterday doing a food drop and again the seafront was packed with cyclist walkers and joggers. People here in thanet are not doing a little 30 minutes of exercise but a few hours. I would say that lockdown between 8am to about 6pm isnt working. I dont know about the evening as I am in lockdown !

New research by American CDC puts R0 to giant 5.7. That means 80% is needed for collective immunity.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/2...iveryName=USCDC_333-DM25287#suggestedcitation

Another research by Chinese found out that level of antibodies in patients who had it are very low and in some cases non-existent.

And third bad scientific news, again by chinese, found out that summer temperatures won't change anything and that virus is not seasonal.

If all three are true, then it's big shit.

Last edited:
BBC news this morning.
A report about a girl who's a lifeguard shes working as a refuse collector.
Shows her in the cab sat right next to a work college.....
2m.
This is on the main bloody news

Let's do some guestimation...
The iceland study, when reported in the UK had tested 22,195 people, roughly 6% of the population of whom 1,364 had tested +ve and 50% of whom were asymptomatic and of those tested 4 had died.
Now 1,364 is the figure for people who currently have the virus as most people this would mean a multiplier of 341 from deaths...
BUT people only test positive for around 2 weeks.
Also assuming a case multiplier of 3 over a 2 week period and that the virus had only been in the country over an 8 week period the multiplier would be 505
(341 + 341/3 + 341/9 + 341/27)

So my guess is that around 4,028,890 people in the UK have had the virus. 7,978 (deaths) * 505 (multiplier). Or 6% of the population.
Double this figure if you only test positive for 7 days or if the very simplistic case multiplier is more than 3. I should work this out using a log function, but I'm two tired to be bothered.
Too many arbitrary assumptions to make this anything like reliable. For a start, a death toll of 4 is way too low to extrapolate anything meaningful from. Were they unlucky and only 2 of those 4 would normally die, then the whole thing is miles out. Not to mention different countries' hugely varying deaths/cases ratios. Also if your "you only test positive for 2 weeks" is accurate. Again, huge bearing on the numbers.

You may be right, or you could easily be out by a factor of 2 or 3 or more. Maybe even 10x out.

That said, Witty reckoned we had 5,000 to 10,000 infected when we had 10 dead, which would seem compatible with your figures. So who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.