UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's made reference to this on a couple of occasions.

The last time he mentioned something about how the premier league are working towards putting in measures that enable "different" clubs to win the league.

They never seemed to worry too much when the rags were winning it every year. I've been saying it for years now. The premier league has a single unified mantra "Anyone but Manchester City".
Because that was good for business.........

I'm not quite clear Kaz. They appear to have relaxed the rule on 'overdue payables' and have apparently said they would take 'force majeure' into account when looking at a club's finances. But I've not specifically seen anything to suggest that they've abandoned FFP altogether for next year.

I think it will be more a case of seeing how clubs react to the situation before they officially change rules. If some clubs spend and this is added to the losses, the treasurer of eufa (whoever it is) will recommend rule changes. I don't think the rule changes will come first.

I think it will be more a case of seeing how clubs react to the situation before they officially change rules. If some clubs spend and this is added to the losses, the treasurer of eufa (whoever it is) will recommend rule changes. I don't think the rule changes will come first.
I think it all depends which clubs ask.

Because they don’t make any money from us winning simple as
The first time City won the PL, he was quoted as saying City and that Agueroooooo moment did more to boost sales for tv rights than anything else had for a number of years. Obviously his only target was increased profits year on year and success for the rags and dippers was the way his greedy organisation saw the next big payday.

It would be expected that someone in the press would have picked him up on that this season as Liverpool amassed their lead in an interview and actually had the balls to push him for his ideas on why the dippers situation differs from our title winning season in relation to how it affects the Premier League stature, you know an interviewer with some actual cajones rather than some line toeing lickspittle

If only, dude.

"Relaxing the rules" is another in a long list of half baked soundbites from an organisation without a clue when it comes to anything other than lining their own pockets. Why would you relax rules which have been such unmitigated benefit to football as Woody Woodpecker claims? No doubt they'll relax them on a case by case basis to make sure only the very worthy benefit.

I only hope that it's the threat of continuous and sustained legal action from City that has thrown UEFA into complete panic.

There’s a few people on here with more knowledge than me but I think - it’s reasonable to predict that there will be no live football before September. I think the behind closed doors scenario is a figment of the footballing authorities imagination. A behind closed door event is still going to involve probably two hundred people in the ground and it’ll be impossible to stop people assembling outside. By July the emergency and essential services will be on their knees - I don’t think supporting even behind closed door games is something that’ll be contemplated.

There are probably a few different financial models in play across the PL just now but The Rags and Spurs probably have the most to worry about. Both have huge debts that they will need to keep repaying regardless of their income loss - their lenders will be very twitchy just now. Some of their debts may be secured against future income like season ticket sales - I wonder how the banks are going to react to this? Securing more borrowing- which has been United's modus operandi under the Glazier’s is probably not an option. More worrying for United is that the crumbling Glazier Shopping Mall business probably has debts secured against United. United and Spurs both think they are safe because they have scale but whether you owe $1,000 or $1,000,000,0000,00000 if you can’t pay you can’t pay and the whole lot comes tumbling down. PL clubs will almost certainly have minimal income until September, even United merchandising empire will collapse, the network of sponsors will fall away as companies cost cut, Sky and BT will probably use this pandemic to their advantage to lengthen their contract and renegotiate their payments down. It all points to a significant reduction in revenue for all clubs but some clubs that are heavily leveraged won’t be able to cope with the loss in income. United’s monthly outgoings on transfer fees (players signed in the last 3 or 4 years with payments spread), their huge wage bill (the highest in PL history), interest payments, staff costs (United have more non playing staff than anyone else) and of course all other events like concerts cancelled... will need to be added to the headache of few people renewing season tickets until they know what’s going on. I honestly think a few of our rivals might financially unravel in the coming months. Buckle up blues - it could be fun.

Paragraphs and the use of them seems to be a dying art.
I completely agree with you here Kenward.I would have also made the same comment as yourself but I didn't want all the sarky Grammar Police comments.
Some posts are like a huge non stop block of letters. Very difficult to read and very difficult on the eye.
I am sure that I have missed some interesting and factual stories and comments,but it is far too difficult to pick out the sensible stuff amongst an ocean of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.