Fly tipping

ColinBellsjockstrap

This is really getting out of hand now, up and down the country, the fact many local tips are closed is no excuse.

This appeared overnight blocking a road near Daisy Nook, a local beauty spot near Ashton under Lyne
HYCnfivp.jpg

Whilst agreeing that the wankers that do this are, well, wankers, local authorities need to look at their policies on waste disposal as well.
Not letting anyone dump stuff that may be 'commercial' or charging a bomb for the privelege was always gonna result in the rise of fly-tipping. I bet the councils now spend more on clearing up shit than they 'saved' by tightening the rules at dumps.

Only our black bin is collected every week now. Just like the old days. Can still get everything in, pity cannot recycle anything though

Whilst agreeing that the wankers that do this are, well, wankers, local authorities need to look at their policies on waste disposal as well.
Not letting anyone dump stuff that may be 'commercial' or charging a bomb for the privilege was always gonna result in the rise of fly-tipping. I bet the councils now spend more on clearing up shit than they 'saved' by tightening the rules at dumps.

Why are the tips closed anyway?

Seems like an easy place to maintain social distancing and as mentioned above it’s only going to cause more issues with people fly tipping.

With waste collections reduced in some areas due to corona, I can't believe they also closed tips and expected people to not fly tip.

3-weekly bin collections is hard enough as it is.

Local councils are cunts.
Fly-tipping is a scummy thing to do, but like you say with reduced bin collections and tips being shut it feels almost inevitable that we’ll see an increase in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.