COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to his latest assurances, director of nursing at the Royal College of Nursing Susan Master said it would only be impressive when nursing staff “stop contacting me to say what they need to use wasn't available”.

“The safety of nurses and care staff must not be compromised,” she add They are pretty clear about what they need to do to stay safe and they will be angered by any suggestion they cause shortages by misusing kit
--------------------- ----------------------------&
A senior doctor at a hospital trust that has dealt with hundreds of COVID-19 positive patients also told Sky News that the reassurances about PPE were “too little too lateThe constant changes in PPE policy weakens the scientific arguments and denials worry people

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ulean-effort-health-secretary-admits-11971729
Sorry thought we were discussing what Mat Hancock said at the briefing which was that there was enough PPE as long as it is used in accordance with the guidelines from NHS, PHE and WHO
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928020
Edit remove who

Last edited:
Earlier, it was confirmed the daily number of UK coronavirus deaths was 980 - surpassing Spain and Italy's highest daily totals.

The death toll in UK hospitals is now 8,958

Latest figures from the health secretary:

19,116 tests were carried out in the UK yesterday - 5,706 tested positive.

Daily Briefing on tv news

19,304 people are in hospital with coronavirus symptoms.

I think it is the opposite lovely,they are not testing patients just the staff and they are not being taken to hospital

Not quite the same thing, I know, but I'm sure I read that care homes were also refusing to accept people coming directly from hospitals, the fear being that they could be carrying the virus. Any idea if that is still true?

Heard someone on LBC saying three of his kids are in hospital in London with Covid19 and they've run out of bodybags

Earlier, it was confirmed the daily number of UK coronavirus deaths was 980 - surpassing Spain and Italy's highest daily totals.

The death toll in UK hospitals is now 8,958

Latest figures from the health secretary:

19,116 tests were carried out in the UK yesterday - 5,706 tested positive.

Daily Briefing on tv news

19,304 people are in hospital with coronavirus symptoms.
19116 tests carried out will that just be health workers?

Sorry thought we were discussing what Mat Hancock said at the briefing which was that there was enough PPE as long as it is used in accordance with the guidelines from NHS, PHE and WHO
The consultant and head nurses are clearly using what they have got for what they need to use it for,they know what they need and they saying along with others that they don't have enough for what they need it for

Mr Hancock insists that "there's enough PPE to go round", but that it should be treated as a "precious resource" and only used when there's a clinical need

What does he think they are doing with it?

Did he reference the WHO etc? i didn't hear it or see it here

https://news.sky.com/story/live-48-...rus-in-scotland-says-nicola-sturgeon-11971594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.