Manchester City 1965 and 1966.

I was at that Chelsea game which ended up with a 4-1 defeat. Just 3 weeks before City also lost 4-1 at home to West Ham. The peculiar thing is that the attendance for both games was identical and this was pre-Swales!

I was just going to post that, something I've always remembered, I was at the West Ham game too, what are the chances of that?

Great footage and how strange seeing the match cameras opposite where we mainly remember them. Then to see Osgood is giving his two fingered salute to those in The Kippax that have probably been giving him dog's abuse for most of the match!
Remember that very clearly, Chelsea fans used to sing Osgood is Good, the Kippax replied Osgood No Good!
To be fair he was pretty good!

I notice in that intro to the Bristol City game (1.49) Ken Wolstenholme had to get the dig in, "...a team brought together at the cost of quite a lot of money". Some things never change...

I'd forgotten from those two seasons that we had maroon numbers on our shirts, switched to white for the following, title-winning season.

I was at that Chelsea game which ended up with a 4-1 defeat. Just 3 weeks before City also lost 4-1 at home to West Ham. The peculiar thing is that the attendance for both games was identical and this was pre-Swales!
Great memory.. Yeah, that was some night, seeing the three World Cup winners as West Ham spanked us 4-1, our first home defeat in more than a year (we were unbeaten at Maine Road during the previous promotion season).. I remember West Ham flooding all over us, Byrne, Sissons, Peters and Hurst pulling the defence all over the place.. but most impressive of all was Bobby Moore who just ran the game, effortlessly.. he cruised around the pitch like some God come down from Heaven.. best defender I’ve ever seen and that includes Baresi and Maldini..

66/67. This was the season Mike Summerbee was moved from the wing to centre forward at the Leeds away cup tie because of injuries. We never looked back for a decade. He held the ball up and and then passed it on to the marauding forwards to score. In season 67/68 all 5 forwards went into double figures. Championes!

Great footage and how strange seeing the match cameras opposite where we mainly remember them. Then to see Osgood is giving his two fingered salute to those in The Kippax that have probably been giving him dog's abuse for most of the match!

Of course, the Kippax not the main stand. I’d not noticed that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.