Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

Make her one or two more strong drinks, excuse yourself and go into the bath and shave your head. No worries, hair is overrated and it will grow back. Plus you don't need the missus drunk with a sharp object in her hands.

She would probably die laughing if I shaved all my hair off..!

Hang on a minute I've just had an idea..!

Where's the clippers?

Ha!

I was having serious doubts about renewing for next season, I have missed loads of games pure and simple because the passion had gone. I wish I knew why, I have spent £635 on my ticket and though she hasn’t said anything my better half was/is getting frustrated if not quite yet annoyed with me. This was before all this horrible disease began to take hold. Yes VAR means we’ll never have an Aguero moment ever again and that is a depressing thought. The media coverage towards the dippers has been obscene. The current clamour, from said media, to finish the season Is disgusting they’re not even trying to hide how biased they are anymore. UEFA? Nothing more than a closed shop. If our ban is overturned and this galvanises the cartel into launching their own league (though travel will not return to normal for a long while yet imho) then so be it. Right now I couldn’t care less if this season finishes or not, can’t even be arsed to get my Madrid money back. I hate feeling like this I have been going to watch City since 1975 I have had some right laughs, far outweighing the dross we’ve endured. The motto was always win, draw or lose we are City so we booze. I am not expecting them days anymore, too bloody old, just something to kick start my interest again.

I think for many us, falling out of love for the game has been a long and slow process: but in all sincerity we should have seen it coming. Like others on here I too am a bit long in the tooth - 63!
I have fond memories of how the game was all those years ago, it was for the working classes in those days. Grafting all week then off to the football on a Saturday afternoon...bliss. But when the money started rolling in, around the mid-80's, probably, it changed. The rags were buying anyone and everything and nobody else had a chance to compete. Refs, linesmen etc, all going out of their way to ensure the pisscan got his way. It wasn't football anymore, it was one extremely rich club lording it up over us others. And with that nasty jock bastard in charge, coupled with a fawning media and thousands of plastic Asian supporters everywhere in their club shirts, my dislike turned to sheer hatred for the club - but mostly hatred for that fucking poisonous Glaswegian and his odious hangers-on.

But the time I really thought of giving it up was taking my son to Elland Road (I think we lost 3-2) and the sheer hostility we encountered from their supporters, and the threat of violence hanging in the air put me off ever going to a game again.

It might be an age thing, I really don't know. But I've had a burning resentment towards what has happened to the game I've loved all my life because it is not the game that I grew up with.
You sound like my mum. She used to support Liverpool, but is now no longer affiliated with any team. She watches England matches, and the odd game with my stepdad like the CL final, but that's it. Part of is was moving away from Merseyside but another part of it was what football turned into, and Man United, for her - and me too - are the epitome of everything wrong with football. I was too little in the '80s to remember but I grew up in the '90s and they were every glory hunter's favourite team, and I just got sick to death of them. I always enjoyed it when they got beaten. And neither the tyrant nor the media can accept that their day in the sun is over.

Football is going to get a very rude awakening after the crisis passes. Everton and I have been growing apart, but it's not just Everton, the whole damn game is rotten.

I was having serious doubts about renewing for next season, I have missed loads of games pure and simple because the passion had gone. I wish I knew why, I have spent £635 on my ticket and though she hasn’t said anything my better half was/is getting frustrated if not quite yet annoyed with me. This was before all this horrible disease began to take hold. Yes VAR means we’ll never have an Aguero moment ever again and that is a depressing thought. The media coverage towards the dippers has been obscene. The current clamour, from said media, to finish the season Is disgusting they’re not even trying to hide how biased they are anymore. UEFA? Nothing more than a closed shop. If our ban is overturned and this galvanises the cartel into launching their own league (though travel will not return to normal for a long while yet imho) then so be it. Right now I couldn’t care less if this season finishes or not, can’t even be arsed to get my Madrid money back. I hate feeling like this I have been going to watch City since 1975 I have had some right laughs, far outweighing the dross we’ve endured. The motto was always win, draw or lose we are City so we booze. I am not expecting them days anymore, too bloody old, just something to kick start my interest again.
First Chelsea and then us came along and upset the established order ov the buisness that is called the premier league. Meaning the teams in red are no longer guaranteed their positions at the top of the tree, so new laws (ffp) new technology (var) and in our case a viscious media campaign have been brought in to get things back to normal.
Nobody can fail to see the way VAR has been used this season to ensure the dippers win the league.
This will be even worse once the rags start to get their act together because even tho the dippers are european royalty , the rags are the biggest cash cow for the corrupt fuckers that run our game.
Love city but I may as well be watching WWE the game has gone for me

First Chelsea and then us came along and upset the established order ov the buisness that is called the premier league. Meaning the teams in red are no longer guaranteed their positions at the top of the tree, so new laws (ffp) new technology (var) and in our case a viscious media campaign have been brought in to get things back to normal.
Nobody can fail to see the way VAR has been used this season to ensure the dippers win the league.
This will be even worse once the rags start to get their act together because even tho the dippers are european royalty , the rags are the biggest cash cow for the corrupt fuckers that run our game.

Another top post that's bang on the money..!

Bang on , they must think we’re stupid not to see what they’re up to

I’m watching match of the day and as usual it’s all the old favourites infact we didn’t win the premier league did we.
Pep came 4th In the best managers Liverpool and Klopp getting plenty of time and mentions
it’s the same old! same old! why I watch it is because I’m bored.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.