COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Gates is in my opinion one of the only people that has the experience, respect and vision to head up a global committee to give us all the best chance of coming out of this situation as quickly and safely as possible. Put him in charge of a global task force to get the best scientists, firms, tech firms and backed by all politicians from the G20, WHO and IMF.

1) Miles in front of the curve a always - Nations/politicians all plodding along behind the curve running multiple strategies which only fix the issue in specific regions. Understandable short term policy but a hopeless strategy for an end game.

2) Has invested fortunes in this area and was almost prophet like in his analysis of the dangers of a pandemic years ago, as usual people with this level of intellect and foresight are shunned due to our necessity to only fix issues once they are on our doorstep when it is far too late.

3) He has the respect of powerful leaders across the globe and carries significant credibility to unify a global policy due to his experience in the soft tech and infectious disease fields. He has no immediate drives in terms of political/financial persuasion.

4) He sincerely cares about making a positive difference for everyone and has the proven this over the last decade, one of the few people that has understood for a long time that the solution requires a global strategy. He is looking at this on a panoramic basis rather than a national/regional basis as he has the intelligence to realise that fixing issues in isolated areas around the world does not get us out of the medical and economic situation.

5) He already has solutions! To be fair he's been working on them for years before the virus even jumped to humans.

If this were to happen I would for the first time start to be very optimistic of our chances of defeating this and resuming to a semblance of normality by this time next year. I suspect global myopic nationalist policies will continue to hamper the arrival towards the end game solution we need.

There would be too much backlash and outrage from conspiracy theorists. Many people would believe Bill Gates has created the whole coronavirus situation for his own benefit, if he was to head up the response.

The main reason in this case is population density. The higher the population density, the more likely you are to catch it. Between 30 and 40% of our nation's cities are ethnic minorities - even more so in densly populated city centres - so proportionally they will be hit harder.
Our three largest urban areas contain over 15 million people. i can’t imagine another European country comes close.

They may have recovered they may be immune, nobody knows, but both are stupid. Maybe you should have a word with her.
I have had. I think she's slightly uneasy about it. But she's not spoken to a real person for a month and so is enjoying having a beer with a friend.

Our three largest urban areas contain over 15 million people. i can’t imagine another European country comes close.
Actually 7 other areas do.
Would it suprise you to know that 5 of these areas are Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Belgium and Northern Italy?
Thought not.
The others are the Dutch coast (Rotterdam) and Moscow. Whether we ever find out the real statistics in Moscow is an interesting point

Last edited:
Actually 6 other areas do.
Would it suprise you to know that 5 of these areas are Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Belgium and Northern Italy?
Thought not.
The other is Moscow.
I think you’ve misunderstood what I’ve posted. I’m saying that London, Birmingham and Manchester’s urban areas (rather than just the cities themselves) combined contain over 15 million people. Your reply doesn’t make sense in the context of that.

Bill Gates is in my opinion one of the only people that has the experience, respect and vision to head up a global committee to give us all the best chance of coming out of this situation as quickly and safely as possible. Put him in charge of a global task force to get the best scientists, firms, tech firms and backed by all politicians from the G20, WHO and IMF.

1) Miles in front of the curve a always - Nations/politicians all plodding along behind the curve running multiple strategies which only fix the issue in specific regions. Understandable short term policy but a hopeless strategy for an end game.

2) Has invested fortunes in this area and was almost prophet like in his analysis of the dangers of a pandemic years ago, as usual people with this level of intellect and foresight are shunned due to our necessity to only fix issues once they are on our doorstep when it is far too late.

3) He has the respect of powerful leaders across the globe and carries significant credibility to unify a global policy due to his experience in the soft tech and infectious disease fields. He has no immediate drives in terms of political/financial persuasion.

4) He sincerely cares about making a positive difference for everyone and has the proven this over the last decade, one of the few people that has understood for a long time that the solution requires a global strategy. He is looking at this on a panoramic basis rather than a national/regional basis as he has the intelligence to realise that fixing issues in isolated areas around the world does not get us out of the medical and economic situation.

5) He already has solutions! To be fair he's been working on them for years before the virus even jumped to humans.

If this were to happen I would for the first time start to be very optimistic of our chances of defeating this and resuming to a semblance of normality by this time next year. I suspect global myopic nationalist policies will continue to hamper the arrival towards the end game solution we need.

Looks like an elderly hobbit though.

I think you’ve misunderstood what I’ve posted. I’m saying that London, Birmingham and Manchester’s urban areas (rather than just the cities themselves) combined contain over 15 million people. Your reply doesn’t make sense in the context of that.
I know.
I'm referring to the regions around the Cities mentioned. Not just the Cities. I should also have included Athens and probably Istanbul.
Although Germany has a large population, its cities are not particularly densly populated.

There would be too much backlash and outrage from conspiracy theorists. Many people would believe Bill Gates has created the whole coronavirus situation for his own benefit, if he was to head up the response.

There are going to be backlashes beyond our wildest comprehensions in about 3 months or so anyway, a policy governed by the sensitivities of conspiracy theorists means we put the future prosperity of our global health and economic well being in the hands of pot noodle munching cunts who watch Jeremy Kyle and the X Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.