Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

Don't honestly care if it never comes back.
this is pretty close to my thinking....its almost like its "been their done that" after nearly 35 years of having a season ticket.
been to the bottom....york stockport port vale etc
and been to the very top 93.20
the thing i miss is seeing the lads for a beer , not the stale atmosphere of premier league football grounds and corrupt officials

Cannot say I have missed the football much to be honest.

For the last couple of years I have questioned whether to carry on with the season ticket. Undertaking a 500 mile round trip is bad enough with the cost, loss of free time but also with the constant fixture changes It has started to sour my enjoyment and resulted in the journey being even less appealing, greater impact on taking holidays from work, and me missing more and more matches.

Consequently those free weekends have resulted in going to non-league matches for 12 quid, pay on the gate, being home for 5pm, being served a cup of hot tea and a twix by the old lady who is emotionally attached to the club and being able to walk round the ground to choose my vantage point seems far more preferable to the slog up the M6, the traffic after the match, queues at half time etc.

Similarly, and the past few weeks have shone a light in it, just being outside, going for walks and spending the square root of nothing seems much more pleasurable than the match nowadays.

It is probably 50-50 whether I will renew as not travelling up North will result in less time spent with people who's friendship I value dearly, but actually attending matches live will play a secondary role in the decision-making where for many years my whole life revolved around it.

Always be a blue though, just in a slightly different way.

Not sure what you are saying Karen..

From what I'm reading on here, City will always have the fans' support.

Obviously if you attend games you can verbally and physically show that support but I think it's a bit hard for some (not you btw) to just dismiss the fans who either don't or can't go or are thinking of now not going to the Etihad as lesser fans who are not supporting the club, team, players and management staff..

You don't stop supporting the team you grew up with, it's in your blood.

You cannot flip a switch and turn City off..

A City fan in Australia is still a City fan and will be just as fanatical as the 54000 who attend every home game in my eyes..!
What post are you quoting?

What post are you quoting?

The one on page 8 when you replied to mine and said 'Surely the team and Pep will deserve our support, for different reasons'

Might be me being a bit dim tbh, but not sure what you meant..

Everyone on here as far as I can ascertain are fully behind City..

Actually going to the stadium to watch the team shouldn't be used as a measuring stick to class the level of support or the commitment of City fans who for their own reasons do not attend games..!

They are as much a City fan as the guy who's had a season ticket for 50 years..!

The one on page 8 when you replied to mine and said 'Surely the team and Pep will deserve our support, for different reasons'

Might be me being a bit dim tbh, but not sure what you meant..

Everyone on here as far as I can ascertain are fully behind City..

Actually going to the stadium to watch the team shouldn't be used as a measuring stick to class the level of support or the commitment of City fans who for their own reasons do not attend games..!

They are as much a City fan as the guy who's had a season ticket for 50 years..!
Ah right,no i wasn't saying anything like that,i am not in a postion to tell anyone how to support the team,we all have our own reasons as to why we support in our own ways,i think it is a shame reading people say they are going to stop going,each to their own but the team don't want to be playing in half empty stadiums,footy is corupt but that is not their fault

I leave the biggest blue dick swinging to other people and they never disappoint!

Ah right,no i wasn't saying anything like that,i am not in a postion to tell anyone how to support the team,we all have our own reasons as to why we support in our own ways,i think it is a shame reading people say they are going to stop going,each to their own but the team don't want to be playing in half empty stadiums,footy is corupt but that is not their fault

I leave the biggest blue dick swinging to other people and they never disappoint!

Hey, no problem Karen.. hopefully things will get back to normal in the not too distant future and we can all start to enjoy watching 'The Best Team In The Land And All The World ' again, playing in a full Etihad..

That would be fitting..!

It's gonna be difficult as clubs have lost a lot of revenue too, they're gonna have to jack some prices somewhere or other which will put off more people.
They could always consider cutting players wages as I said before and forcing them to survive on £50k a week, let that sink in, £50 thousand pounds every single week.
Let Sky charge the fans £10 a month for sport and then reduce the clubs television payments, they in turn reduce players wages to what would still be an obscene amount of money...
What's not to like about that?

But please do not present me with clubs that are bleating because they cannot afford to pay their players and their backroom staff and their others wages. I'd be happy to see half, if not all the clubs go under rather than them carry on living this ridiculous lifestyle, football is out of control at the top. IF that did happen and clubs did go under and the whole pyramid collapsed.... football would reinvent itself - just in a much more sensible way!

I’ve just watched the whole 90 mins of that epic Arsenal Spurs match in 2008.

The Spurs fans at the end are going ballistic at a 94th min equaliser to make it 4-4!

Imagine that now?

Some **** 100’s of miles away keeping people waiting to check Lennon was onside or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.