Bluehammer's 'Top 100 Greatest Songs of All Time'

Didn’t KOL completely sell out after a very promising start? I loved their debut album.
Three brilliant albums and then the absolute dogshit Sex On Fire was their coming out party.

I proper fell out with them after that song but actually there’s a few good tracks on that album and more recently on Walls and Mechanical Bull there are some beauty’s. A lot more commercial that when they started but genuinely good songs too. Because Of The Times is the album I always go back to and Knocked Up has to be one of the greatest intros into an album ever imo.

There’s a good doc about the KOL. Explains a lot. There’s a couple of people in the background that are integral to the band from a song writing perspective. The first two albums are excellent then it tails off. All they wanted was to break out in the US and that’s partly why the sex is on fire album and song were recorded. Absolute tosh now though.

There’s a good doc about the KOL. Explains a lot. There’s a couple of people in the background that are integral to the band from a song writing perspective. The first two albums are excellent then it tails off. All they wanted was to break out in the US and that’s partly why the sex is on fire album and song were recorded. Absolute tosh now though.
Any idea what that’s called? I remember them admitting when they brought out their 4th album that they needed to go more commercial. They’d been going 10 years by then and had a real hardcore but small following. Your Sex Is On Fire is atrocious, made me angry that they’d sold out but I guess it was understandable to them. But they’ve done a lot more brilliant songs than just their first two albums and they’re genuinely a brilliant band and one of my top 5.

100 - REM - What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
99 - Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
98 -

Another risky one to put to the tough audience here - Moby is not the coolest, although his early electro stuff was pretty good and 'Play' was a groundbreaking album - but always loved this track he did for the Bourne films if just for the intro.

Moby - Extreme Ways

No list can be taken seriously if you are putting a Moby tune in and its not Go.

Listened to Because Or The Times and Youth and Manhood this evening and Youth and Manhood is absolutely magnificent and pusses all of the other. That was their debut album from 2001. Mad how your mind plays tricks with you.

100 - REM - What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
99 - Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
98 - Moby - Extreme Ways
97 - Zsela - Noise
96 - Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
95 - Cast - Alright
94 - Steely Dan - Reelin In The Years
93 - Kings Of Leon - Cold Desert
92 -

beautiful voice

Patsy Cline - Crazy

I’ll accept that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.