Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I've spoken with 2 NHS people, one on the " coal face" right now and the other in a very senior position.
If what they both say is correct, don't expect any football in the UK this side of September.
There is a reasonable chance, nothing this year, despite the best endeavours of the fuckwits within UEFA, EFL etc.

Agree I posted in here 2/3 weeks ago that football won’t start till August next year unless there is a vaccine

Agree I posted in here 2/3 weeks ago that football won’t start till August next year unless there is a vaccine

Due to the finances involved I think it will resume behind closed doors for as long as is required. German teams are already back in training and are planning to return in June behind closed doors. Obviously we'll be behind them in terms of June but there is no chance there will be no football played in England for around 18 months.

The amount of ideas floated by the different organisations and the press to get their competitions finished are only matched by Uniteds transfer targets that feature daily
The one thing they have in common is 99% of them are bullshit
Yes the Scum will have a squad of 50+ if the rumours are to be believed.

Due to the finances involved I think it will resume behind closed doors for as long as is required. German teams are already back in training and are planning to return in June behind closed doors. Obviously we'll be behind them in terms of June but there is no chance there will be no football played in England for around 18 months.

only if social distancing is removed and if it is we all can go back, there is nothing special about football, behind closed doors is such a non starter

german teams are training socially distancing and that is a million miles away from competitive football.

its either safe or it isn't, there is no middle ground/half way house with this virus

only if social distancing is removed and if it is we all can go back, there is nothing special about football, behind closed doors is such a non starter

german teams are training socially distancing and that is a million miles away from competitive football.

its either safe or it isn't, there is no middle ground/half way house with this virus

Kind of agree but they were playing games behind closed doors albeit briefly before the virus went mad and I think they’ll do it again. It won’t be under control for a very long time but there will be football before it is.

Kind of agree but they were playing games behind closed doors albeit briefly before the virus went mad and I think they’ll do it again. It won’t be under control for a very long time but there will be football before it is.

that was before we knew the severity and social distancing wasn't in place, just don't know how you can justify football behind closed doors whilst social distancing is in place, can't think of one good reason.

i'll say it again if its safe to play football then it will be safe to go and watch, there is no middle ground, it is only the whims of the scouse infested media circus that keep pushing it(isolation camps etc)

also the integrity goes right out the window e,g. homes games in empty stadia whilst already played the away games in full stadia, the biggest example is us v liverpool

that was before we knew the severity and social distancing wasn't in place, just don't know how you can justify football behind closed doors whilst social distancing is in place, can't think of one good reason.

i'll say it again if its safe to play football then it will be safe to go and watch, there is no middle ground, it is only the whims of the scouse infested media circus that keep pushing it(isolation camps etc)

also the integrity goes right out the window e,g. homes games in empty stadia whilst already played the away games in full stadia, the biggest example is us v liverpool

I think what you’re saying is right but I still think football behind closed doors will happen whether that’s in 3 months or 6. Also agree there is no way this virus can be fully under control in that time.

Integrity went out the window when we realised what VAR was brought in for

I think what you’re saying is right but I still think football behind closed doors will happen whether that’s in 3 months or 6. Also agree there is no way this virus can be fully under control in that time.

That single one decision, based on nothing but money and greed will spell the end for many match going fans who will then realise they are of little to no importance to clubs.

That single one decision, based on nothing but money and greed will spell the end for many match going fans who will then realise they are of little to no importance to clubs.
Exactly what I've been thinking and glad you've said it. I will probably ditch my ST and the whole game if this closed door scenario happens. Absolute disrespect to match going fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.