Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'll say it again as Ive said numerous times why should the dippers be declared champions when its still mathematically possible for us to still win it ?
This is bigger than the dippers being declared champions.

Think of the man-hours that have gone into engineering their position in the league.

Think of the logistics that have been meticulously executed to get them over the line.

Think of the scheming involved to introduce a system that enables officials to manipulate the outcome of a football match.

A lot of hard work and planning has gone into this season. Liverpool can't be denied by a virus. The narrative from the premier league is that: "it is for the integrity of the game that the season must be concluded".

I personally find it's repulsive that they haven't already declared this season null and void.

One thing is for sure. If it was us in their (dippers) position the season would have been put to bed before the lockdown.

I can't prove that but I haven't come across a similar appetite from the footballing fraternity to conclude the FA cup or the champions league.

Think of the man-hours that have gone into engineering their position in the league.

Think of the logistics that have been meticulously executed to get them over the line.

Think of the scheming involved to introduce a system that enables officials to manipulate the outcome of a football match.

A lot of hard work and planning has gone into this season. Liverpool can't be denied by a virus. The narrative from the premier league is that: "it is for the integrity of the game that the season must be concluded".

I personally find it's repulsive that they haven't already declared this season null and void.

One thing is for sure. If it was us in their (dippers) position the season would have been put to bed before the lockdown.

I can't prove that but I haven't come across a similar appetite from the footballing fraternity to conclude the FA cup or the champions league.

Your last sentence is the key.

I agree with most of that but to be fair no major leagues Italy/Spain/Germany have made the decision to void the leagues yet.

I think we'll be the last to do so or the only ones who try to carry on though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.