COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting aspect of that would be if they could identify the agent(s) in the body which are killing the virus, it could prove a pathway to a possible cure in the long term. I don't have a Telegraph subscription so can't read the whole article to see if that's discussed.
Let's hope you're right. Would be great if it was something so obvious. Something like the younger ones not feeling the cold as much. More sunlight more vitamin D.

Sister and her Hubby in Heywood have got. She is on the mend thankfully but he has not got out of bed in over a week. It's floored him.

A 28-year-old pregnant nurse has died after contracting coronavirus.Mary Agyeiwaa Agyapong, who worked at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital for five years, died on Sunday after testing positive for COVID-19

Her baby was delivered successfully via emergency caesarean and is doing well, according to the hospital

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ntracting-covid-19-but-baby-survives-11973820

Another angel lost
Ah fuck. That reads like a punch to the gut.

The reduction in the ventilator requirements (from 30K) might be due in part to the 10,000 CPAP devices that have been produced by Mercedes and UCL, that force increased oxygen into patients' lungs as well as fewer than anticipated presenters to ICU (at the moment). Part of the reason why the number of ventilators is not closer to the 18,000 requirement is because the regulators haven't approved 4 designs from organisations including Dyson. Obviously, it would have helped to try to source appropriate ventilators sooner.
Maybe from the firm that already made them...

A 28-year-old pregnant nurse has died after contracting coronavirus.Mary Agyeiwaa Agyapong, who worked at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital for five years, died on Sunday after testing positive for COVID-19

Her baby was delivered successfully via emergency caesarean and is doing well, according to the hospital

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ntracting-covid-19-but-baby-survives-11973820

Another angel lost

I heard that earlier and am not ashamed to say I wept.
Not that any death is more of a loss but I remember when I was carrying a child and was so looking forward to welcoming and holding my baby.
I really can't bear to think of the child's loss of a mother, the wider family's loss and, of course, her loss.
It's just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.