Lokeren Away 2003

Still one of my favourite Euro aways; my first, and City’s first since 1979.

Remember getting a commuter train from Antwerp (where me and my mate were staying) and a load of pissed up blues got on (me and my mate included). The commuters were not amused.

Then carried on drinking in Lokeren for an hour or so before the game. Great atmosphere in the town. Absolutely hammered.

Shit game from what I remember, but a brilliant trip.

Reactions: SJC
[Q
Still one of the best trips ive been in Europe. The main street was rammed with City fans before the game. We won 1-0 Anelka penalty.
Great shout for a thread, mate. This game too frequently gets missed off “I was there” moments in the associated threads. It was a big deal being back in Europe.

Reactions: SJC
Funny this coming up as I was looking at photos from that trip just a couple of days ago. Waited ages for a European away trip (TNS didn't really count did it). I remember the match ball landed in the City end at one point and a lad nicked it, then some other lad nicked it off him and legged it. Also remember when it kicked off in the seats to the right of our end one lad near me took his trainer off and threw it over the fence at the Lokeren fans. Think that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen anyone throw. Doubt he got it back and doubt he had a spare one.

Remember it kicking off in their end but wasnt City fans. Gutted when we got TNS (typical City). I flew to New York with the mrs on the Friday morning, day after. Didn't tell her i was going Cardiff, she was all picture & no sound till we landed at JFK.

The trouble at the game was between Lokeren and Genk fans the bar outside the ground near the train station was hammered after the game with City fans. Me and a mate walked into the board room before the game and had a drink with the members in there then walked all the way round the ground and sat with Lokeren fans crazy days

Best trip ever. Dancing in a lap dancing clubb to Manchester only songs whilst my mates were snoring on a couch will live with me for ever.

The girls were awesome and the owner only allowed Manchester music in his club.

Unbelievable.

Groclin away was a joke. They let us in about 10 at a time, opening that sliding green gate. No wonder it kicked off, plenty without tickets trying to jib in. The flight home was carnage with police waiting at Manchester.
Heard a lot about that flight home, how come it was so bad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.