Scariest away day following City

Was it not just a numbers game in all honesty? The clubs with the biggest firms were probably seen as the best?? All this talk by your Cass Pennants or other celebrity hoolies of 20 backing off 100 is for the fairies, unless you lot tell us something different!?
Also, how did it work if you were fighting united/Stockport/Bolton etc fans but you knew them from your area? Did you make sure not to smack them in the melee?

That Derby game .... was it last game of that season ? We had to wait for one of ours who ran into Derby on his own the loon .... got arrested .... daft get ....like you say Derby panicked.

Might have been the 4 - 0 defeat in 77

Last game 79/80 season I think

Remember it kicking off a bit at Ipswich before and after the night game where we got relegated

Remember one of their fans holding a sign aloft as we got relegated ‘you are the weakest link.....goodbye!’

Twats!

Pissed me off that did.......

Was it not just a numbers game in all honesty? The clubs with the biggest firms were probably seen as the best?? All this talk by your Cass Pennants or other celebrity hoolies of 20 backing off 100 is for the fairies, unless you lot tell us something different!?
Also, how did it work if you were fighting united/Stockport/Bolton etc fans but you knew them from your area? Did you make sure not to smack them in the melee?

It all depended if the 20 you were with were all prepared to fight and how many of the 100 were prepared to fight. In many cases, a sizable majority of the 100 were there to be seen to be there, and really didn't fancy copping a crack. If the 30 of the 100 were fighters you were usually fucked, all all 100 were fighters, you definitely were.
In some situations, there really was no where to run to & there was no option but to stand. Your best hope was the old bill arriving & bailing you out.

During the 70s and maybe early 80s it was just groups of friends against other teams groups of friends and it was a lot of testosterone fuelled macho posturing etc.Eventually some of these groups organized themselves into proper firms (I read that WHU organized themselves into a hardcore firm after United overran them at Upton Park) with gang names,calling cards and planned meet ups away from football grounds.
These were the hardcore fighters and hooligans.
I was involved with a couple of different groups of teenagers/lads from about 1971-78 and the other fans we scrapped/skirmished with were of a similar ilk to us.
I certainly would not have wanted to go toe to toe with the likes of the Francis Brothers and would have legged it if confronted by guys like them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.