Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don’t have a problem with Spurs, I do have a problem with the furlough scheme piss take (I know they’ve reversed it now) and the shite with them signing that letter against us, especially when it was Arsenal that lead it, but overall they’re not that bad.

I dislike Liverpool and Utd much more, followed by Arsenal who are holier than thou despite having a history of being corrupt ****s.

Arsenal fans are always alright until you start talking about City’s success and the jealousy then pours out of them.

Liverpool and Utd fans are ****s the minute you smell them, never mind when they first open their mouths, which often isn’t mutually exclusive.
I'm guessing you weren't around in '81.

Spurs have got to be the most under achieving football club for the last 50 years ,in their fans eyes they are a big club a top six club but the stats say they are just an average football club Blackburn and Leicester have won more titles in the last sixty years and when they do get to a major final they bottle it , its in Spurs DNA. Just look at some of the players they have had Jennings , Mackay , Hoddle , Ardiles , Gascoigne , Lineker , Kane, and many more , they have had some seriously great players and one of the best managers around in Pochetino and won bugger all
They are the eternal bottlers of football and why they have been the media darlings for the last few years is baffling ,because they are never gonna win owt .

Spurs have got to be the most under achieving football club for the last 50 years ,in their fans eyes they are a big club a top six club but the stats say they are just an average football club Blackburn and Leicester have won more titles in the last sixty years and when they do get to a major final they bottle it , its in Spurs DNA. Just look at some of the players they have had Jennings , Mackay , Hoddle , Ardiles , Gascoigne , Lineker , Kane, and many more , they have had some seriously great players and one of the best managers around in Pochetino and won bugger all
They are the eternal bottlers of football and why they have been the media darlings for the last few years is baffling ,because they are never gonna win owt .

what a beautiful message to wake up too in these dark times. Thankyou Sir.

Before responding to any other posts, I must say this:

Anyone who doesn’t like Chas and Dave is either an irredeemable curmudgeon who hates life or just someone who hates and understands nothing about music.

Yes, they did a few Spurs songs. And, yes, they did a few niche, comic songs like Snooker Loopy. But they were actually seriously talented and criminally underrated musicians and songwriters who, in their earlier years, also sessioned alongside some of the top names in rock and roll history. Their trademark, rapid fire, harmonised lyrics and lightness of touch were unique. I defy anyone with any feeling in their souls not to smile and tap their toes to The Sideboard Song or The Diddle Um Song. But they were also capable of knocking out beautiful ballads - Ain’t No Pleasing You; Wish I Could Write A Love Song.

On top of all of which, there was something that was more authentic about them than almost any other popular act I can think of. They made no attempt to hide their roots. They were unapologetically cockney. And all the better for it.

Anyone who abuses Chas and Dave can expect a biff on the snout from me. And further fisticuffs if required.

So there. Rant over.

Anyone who doesn’t like Chas and Dave is either an irredeemable curmudgeon who hates life or just someone who hates and understands nothing about music.

Yes, they did a few Spurs songs. And, yes, they did a few niche, comic songs like Snooker Loopy. But they were actually seriously talented and criminally underrated musicians and songwriters who, in their earlier years, also sessioned alongside some of the top names in rock and roll history. Their trademark, rapid fire, harmonised lyrics and lightness of touch were unique. I defy anyone with any feeling in their souls not to smile and tap their toes to The Sideboard Song or The Diddle Um Song. But they were also capable of knocking out beautiful ballads - Ain’t No Pleasing You; Wish I Could Write A Love Song.

On top of all of which, there was something that was more authentic about them than almost any other popular act I can think of. They made no attempt to hide their roots. They were unapologetically cockney. And all the better for it.

Anyone who abuses Chas and Dave can expect a biff on the snout from me. And further fisticuffs if required.

So there. Rant over.
source.gif

Read about proposed Deal for Amazon sponsoring spurs, new stadium. We could have got a deal? For shirt

So there. Rant over.

C&D were very talented musicians that's for sure and they penned some really catchy tunes like you say..

No arguments there Jim..

Now, we're all waiting on your thoughts re the U turn Spuds have performed re furloughing their non playing staff..

You must agree it was a piss poor decision initially by Levy and it has reflected bad on your club and the supporters..

Not looking to score cheap points or trip you up, just like to hear what you, as a Spuds supporter, think about it all..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.