Is it shameful what the FA are doing?

Let's face it, no one can be certain of the course of action to take. Play out the season or void it?
First of all let's wait until restrictions on our movements are eased.
FWIW I think the season should be completed, however long it takes.
There are too many loose ends to tie up throughout the leagues and non league too.
When football does resume, perhaps international friendlies could be sacrificed to free up more playing opportunities for league and cup matches?

I'd love the season to be voided but I'm not that mithered if Liverpool* are awarded the title. They have been fantastic but I really don't want football to go ahead without fans. That would just be nonsense.

Let's all come back in September.

I think the season should be stopped now, I wouldn’t null and void this season. I’d just have a league table for the history books with *season not completed due to covid19. Same with all cup competitions, just list the teams left.

Here are my reasons. First of all, players have contracts that end on the last day of June, some had signed legally binding contracts with new clubs, how can the same season finish with different players? Youth players will develop and grow in a season they wouldn’t be considered for. It will never be the same season.

Players need to train or run the risk of serious injury, are they supposed to have a pre-season, mid-season?

Scientific recommendations are telling us to practice social distancing and we need to have a certain distance from colleagues in the office, how can anyone tell a professional athlete that it is then ok to play a contact sport? What happens if one of the players gets sick and dies? Has a lung capacity issues after that ends their career? Can players play, who have covid19 but show no symptoms and are fit to play? Grieving players? It’s not on.

Can players play who were ruled out for the season but are now fit?

I’m of the opinion that this season has already finished and is never coming back, to play the games even starting in a month is to merge next season with the end of this.

Football isn’t starting when next season is supposed to start either.

Behind closed doors is a farce, like Pep said, theatres and actors won’t perform in empty theatres and film it, the notion is ridiculous. Football is a spectator sport and it’s the same.

Stop the season, post the league table with a big asterisk, stop all promotions and relegations. Start the next season in 2021/22 with friendly matches played with what’s left of next season and maybe the cups.

Last edited:
Just a random question . If the grand national was being run and there was one horse left with one fence to jump and the jockey decided that the horse couldn't jump the last fence through exhaustion. Would he be still declared the winner ? Or in the Olympics if for some reason there was only one runner left with 1km left when he pulls up. Will he be given the gold medal as he was last man standing?

I work in the music industry and we are being told that it’s unlikely that we will see live shows return this year. At best there’s talk that shows in venues below 500 capacity ‘may’ be allowed to happen from October. Arena shows are off the table until early to mid 2021.

There is not a chance that football is returning with the fans in attendance this season.

Playing staff and team aside, with the medical staff that will need to be in attendance at each game + crew and set up for televising these games, I honestly can’t see it coming back at all. And if it does, the morality around it feels very skewed to me.

Let’s see how loud the money talks. To answer the OP’s original question, it is beyond shameful what the vast majority of football authorities are attempting to do, not just the FA.

Last edited:
Assuming that the pubs are going to be open in some sort of capacity by July?
How's this going to play out wall to wall football in TV with social distancing still in place?

Let's face it, no one can be certain of the course of action to take. Play out the season or void it?
First of all let's wait until restrictions on our movements are eased.
FWIW I think the season should be completed, however long it takes.
There are too many loose ends to tie up throughout the leagues and non league too.
When football does resume, perhaps international friendlies could be sacrificed to free up more playing opportunities for league and cup matches?

We just don't know how long it will take, what happens if it goes past autumn? Do we finish near Christmas and have a six month break again?

I wish they could test players and just play behind closed doors or some shit

If we stop the season now the top 4 chasers will complain they may have made champions league, the relegated teams will say they could have avoided the drop etc. If we void the season you know the Scouse lot will complain hard and forever

We just don't know how long it will take, what happens if it goes past autumn? Do we finish near Christmas and have a six month break again?

I wish they could test players and just play behind closed doors or some shit

If we stop the season now the top 4 chasers will complain they may have made champions league, the relegated teams will say they could have avoided the drop etc. If we void the season you know the Scouse lot will complain hard and forever
Look you cant test players before testing the nurses, care staff and doctors of the NHS.

Football is not important at this point human life is, these are remarkable times with a virus/pandemic killing a thousand people a day in this country alone.

So the season in all leagues should be null and void, and whoever complains including the scousers are fucking numpties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.