Newcastle United takeover?

Another challenger now to the cartel mafia is good news.

will be interesting in terms of Newcastle stance on ffp and how it stops competition once the deal goes through

Welcome to hate club Newcastle.....

The first rule of hate club is.......

Must be a different Barney Ronay to the one who couldn't get his liberal arse to the World Cup in Russia fast enough 2 years ago. And then wrote a book about how great the tournament, the country and its leader were.

That's the leader under whose reign 100 journalists have been murdered, who conducted a brutal campaign against Chechnya and who invaded Eastern Ukraine & Crimea.

Yet he's prepared to overlook all that, presumably because it's a European country, ruled by a white, Caucasian. Different when it's one of those Arab, dark-skinned chappies though.

Must be a different Barney Ronay to the one who couldn't get his liberal arse to the World Cup in Russia fast enough 2 years ago. And then wrote a book about how great the tournament, the country and its leader were.

That's the leader under whose reign 100 journalists have been murdered, who conducted a brutal campaign against Chechnya and who invaded Eastern Ukraine & Crimea.

Yet he's prepared to overlook all that, presumably because it's a European country, ruled by a white, Caucasian. Different when it's one of those Arab, dark-skinned chappies though.
Well said, Colin @Prestwich_Blue. It's time to call out the underlying racism in the press coverage of City. I have been loath to make the accusation, but I'm convinced now.

Well said, Colin @Prestwich_Blue. It's time to call out the underlying racism in the press coverage of City. I have been loath to make the accusation, but I'm convinced now.

I think looking to racism for the explanation is way off the mark. There is absolutely nothing in the background of a writer like Barney Ronay that suggests racism. AFAIK there is no history of him using racist language, or targeting BAME players for unwarranted criticism, or inappropriate defence of other racist actions (eg the Chelsea fans vs Raz or on the metro in Paris) or anything else that suggests racism. Yet he was all over the (white) alleged human rights abusers in Russia, and he can’t get the knife in quick enough when it comes to a different (brown) set of alleged human rights abusers.

but that simply begs the question if not racism, what is it that motivates him to whitewash (pun intentional) Russia but tar and feather Abu Dhabi? to my mind the most likely answer is money. We know Russia has put a lot of money into PR and I would not be surprised if the ultimate explanation for that particular inconsistency in the Barney Ronay worldview was simply roubles. Directly or indirectly I suspect it was in his financial interests to write his puff pieces about Russia and directly or indirectly it is in his financial interests to write negatively about City.

I suspect for similar reasons Miggy is about to change his tune on alleged human rights abusers in the Middle East. Or go very silent very quickly. I don’t think he’s a racist either. Just a ****.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no beef with anyone who thinks the answer is racism, and I certainly don’t deplore the accusation because it is undoubtedly one possible explanation. But to my mind, you get to the true answer by following the money.

It is strange article. He seems now to be attacking the fact that the Saudis are already over here, as proof he mentions the sponsorship deals with the Rags. Why has he not thought to mention this before ? He has never once decried the rags for taken 'Arab' money which is why we ignore his one sided stupid arguments. You cannot hold the moral ground by being selective in who you criticise.

I think looking to racism for the explanation is way off the mark. There is absolutely nothing in the background of a writer like Barney Ronay that suggests racism. AFAIK there is no history of him using racist language, or targeting BAME players for unwarranted criticism, or inappropriate defence of other racist actions (eg the Chelsea fans vs Raz or on the metro in Paris) or anything else that suggests racism. Yet he was all over the (white) alleged human rights abusers in Russia, and he can’t get the knife in quick enough when it comes to a different (brown) set of alleged human rights abusers.

but that simply begs the question if not racism, what is it that motivates him to whitewash (pun intentional) Russia but tar and feather Abu Dhabi? to my mind the most likely answer is money. We know Russia has put a lot of money into PR and I would not be surprised if the ultimate explanation for that particular inconsistency in the Barney Ronay worldview was simply roubles. Directly or indirectly I suspect it was in his financial interests to write his puff pieces about Russia and directly or indirectly it is in his financial interests to write negatively about City.

I suspect for similar reasons Miggy is about to change his tune on alleged human rights abusers in the Middle East. Or go very silent very quickly. I don’t think he’s a racist either. Just a ****.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no beef with anyone who thinks the answer is racism, and I certainly don’t deplore the accusation because it is undoubtedly one possible explanation. But to my mind, you get to the true answer by following the money.

Bang on Chris. It is all about the money. He does not criticise United or Liverpool because their fan base helps pay his wages (via clicks) and advertisers wants the red hoards on board; in the same way it is not hard to believe that the Russians paid him to say how wonderful their World Cup was. I note he has always been quiet on the bribery that got them the gig, where is his morals in relation to the corruption there ?

Don't forget the assassinations of Boris Nemtsov, the leader of the opposition, Alexander Litvinenko dying of radiation poisoning on British soil and of course Sergei Skripal dying from a nerve agent.

Miggsy, when questioned about his paper being owned by Arab money, said the rules didn't really apply to them because newspaper ownership has always been complicated. The fact that his money comes from the same place that he criticizes other clubs about, doesn't really matter. We should all just fall in line with his way of thinking because he has a degree in journalism, or whatever. Nobhead.

You forgot the bearded faces he mentioned

Ok, so what is the explanation for David Conn's vitreol? Some of which, incidently is very innaccurate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.