Nine years ago today - FA Cup semi-final against United

Shed some tears that afternoon I can tell you.

Same here mate.

We stupidly turned up on Wembley Way, when the majority of blues were on the roundabout.

Heavily out numbered we got a few slaps going down, just remember my dad chasing some Utd fans off who’d tried it.

Got into the ground as a scrawny 18 year old a bit shaken up.

When we beat them I got a bit emotional as it felt the weight was slightly lifted from years of piss taking and what had just happened earlier, it was fully lifted when we pumped them 1-6.

Full time at the semi though, I did well up a bit.

I wasn’t nervous. I was convinced we’d lose !

As I remember the rag fans kicked off after the game as I don’t think they enjoyed losing.

One drunken git was trying to kick off at the Corley Services on the way back. His mates held him back or there was a coach load who'd have binned him!

'Twas a great day. I was the nearest fan to the corner flag that Yaya ran over to, got a crackin' photo with the entire team piled on top of him!

One drunken git was trying to kick off at the Corley Services on the way back. His mates held him back or there was a coach load who'd have binned him!

'Twas a great day. I was the nearest fan to the corner flag that Yaya ran over to, got a crackin' photo with the entire team piled on top of him!
Your own photo or a press one?

If you managed to take your own in that emotional state them you are a better man than me.

Probably the most nervous I've ever been before a game. A truly incredible day, and probably the key turning point in our modern history.

100% agreed. After that game I truly believed anything was possible.

Stayed in Harrow for the weekend, came across a big group of gobby welsh rags full of the "no history" nonsense. Asked one of em who hed support in an England v Wales game..."Wales of course, Im a proud welshman" funnily enough he couldnt explain why he didnt support a welsh club.

Great day, was a nervous wreck all day, even in injury time I just expected them to score, incidentally, why didn’t the granny shagger play in that game, was he injured?., can’t remember
Think both him and baconface who was in the stands had been banned.

Great day, was a nervous wreck all day, even in injury time I just expected them to score, incidentally, why didn’t the granny shagger play in that game, was he injured?., can’t remember
I think he had to serve a suspension ( rooney that is),I seem to remember it was for his sweary tirade into the camera after he'd scored at upton park, Our man David Bernstein may of had a hand in the punishment imo ha ha.

The iconic game for me. It meant so much getting to Wembley but to win against United was the real marker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.