Painting decking tips

B B

blueinsa

As per title. I have painted all the fences and today its time to do the decking. All prep has been done as in i have stripped it, cleaned it, sanded it etc etc. Its grooved decking and i will be painting it with anti slip paint, 2/3 coats letting it dry for 24 hours in between each coat so im fully researched on that.

Now........can i speed things up by using a soft sweeping brush to apply the paint? Its a large 4m x 4m area and the thoughts of me on my knees with a 4 inch brush are not worth thinking about as it will kill me and i want to do this as quickly and as easy on my back and knees as possible.

As per title. I have painted all the fences and today its time to do the decking. All prep has been done as in i have stripped it, cleaned it, sanded it etc etc. Its grooved decking and i will be painting it with anti slip paint, 2/3 coats letting it dry for 24 hours in between each coat so im fully researched on that.

Now........can i speed things up by using a soft sweeping brush to apply the paint? Its a large 4m x 4m area and the thoughts of me on my knees with a 4 inch brush are not worth thinking about as it will kill me and i want to do this as quickly and as easy on my back and knees as possible.
I've just done mine.
Dont try to rush it will look shit.
Take your time.
If you dont get in the gaps between the boards it will look terrible.
I spent almost two days on mine.
If I knew how to upload a pic I would do

I've just done mine.
Dont try to rush it will look shit.
Take your time.
If you dont get in the gaps between the boards it will look terrible.
I spent almost two days on mine.
If I knew how to upload a pic I would do

Did you brush or roller it mate? I have read a hack saying to use a soft new sweeping brush on grooved decking but im wary and thinking to use a roller on a pole and touch in with brush.

Did you brush or roller it mate? I have read a hack saying to use a soft new sweeping brush on grooved decking but im wary and thinking to use a roller on a pole and touch in with brush.
Used a brush on the lot took a while but looks really good.
I dont think you would get it even enough with a sweeping brush

I'd go down the trial and error route here. Use a long fibre roller, a soft brush or even a decorators wallpaper pasting brush on a broom handle.
A thought.....even try spraying it on through one of those gardening pump/pressure sprays.....adapt and adopt as Churchill would say, if he was alive....

Had the same size as you until it took it up, painted it every year.
Use a shed/fence brush, softer the better. Morrisons used to do a decent one. It won't take as long as you think. For ease of use, use a paint tray rather than dipping into the tin each time. Two coats should be plenty. Bearing in mind that first one will use a fair bit more due to the grooves.

Get one of these dead easy .
ed0772701fe86e9e9a97fb6a764d7334.jpg

I use a sprayer on mine. You’ll spend a bit of time masking up the area surrounding but the actual spraying shouldn’t take more than half an hour. Be sure to use sprayable paint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.