Nine years ago today - FA Cup semi-final against United

Normally im not pissed till after a win like this but i was so nervous i was well chilled before the start not gay but officially the day i fell in love with YA YA

Was talking with my son about this yesterday.

He was at a family wedding on his mother's side that weekend in Somerset somewhere, I left Manchester at 8am, drove down and picked him up at Leigh Delamere services on the M4 near Bristol. We drove down the M4 to Wembley, (plenty of rag buses down that way!) we were supposed to meet my brother at the Green Man, but couldn't get in, it was a lock out. By sheer good fortune we were amongst the first blues on "The Island " and had a tremendous time there, stuff of legend!

We were behind the goal where Yaya scored, and apart from being so nervous I could've spewed up several times, the end result was spot on!

After the game I drove my son back to his mum's family in Worcestershire where he could carry on celebrating his family wedding, and I drove back to Manchester, got home at 3am. A 19 hour round trip. Worth every minute!

Loads of memories of the day one of the starkest was waiting for the final whistle. They had scored so many late goals against us that I was sure and I think pretty much everyone else was they would take our joy away. The screams, whistles, obscenities everyone imporing for the whistle to be blown. Cant remember another game like it.

After the whistle I sat there stunned in disbelief. Id seen City at Wembley (a 27 year wish) and we'd won and beaten Utd. That doesn't happen to City. Still my favourite ever City game.

There were a few videos on the final whistle on you tube cant find them any more. Anyone else got any links?

Last edited:
Loads of memories of the day one of the starkest was waiting for the final whistle. They had scored so many late goals against us that I was sure and I think pretty much everyone else was they would take our joy away. The screams, whistles, obscenities everyone imporing for the whistle to be blown. Cant remember another game like it.

After the whistle I sat there stunned in disbelief. Id seen City at Wembley (a 27 year wish) and we'd won and beaten Utd. That doesn't happen to City. Still my favourite ever City game.

There were a few videos on the final whistle on you tube cant find them any more. Anyone else got any links?

Last edited:
What a day !!

Didn’t think we had a chance when Tevez got injured at Anfield a few days before. TBH they could have been 2 or 3 up in the first 20 mins but for the brilliance of Joey H

Then we grew into the game and ended up worthy winners

We arrived that day

I was at Angield that night when Tevez got injured. I could only get a ticket for the home end. It wasn’t a nice experience that night. And despite the score line, the Tevez injury did feel like more of a blow than the loss.

The semi against Utd I watched in a pub in Dublin. As usual, full of rags, the only time be seen a pub empty quicker was the sick swan and final day of 2012.

But this day, even in Dublin you could feel the change amongst the fans. They were rattled and afraid. Those were exciting days with us still being the underdog.

It set us up for the following season which set us up for the decade we’ve all enjoyed so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.