Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I wasn't being facetious. I think that a number of games will be played behind closed doors, not with the idea of completing the season, but with the intention of providing the Victims with the opportunity to accrue enough points to be 'legitimate' champions.

And your question as to what is more important, who wins the title or the integrity of football, well I think you can guess my answer. However, the question needs to be asked of the Premier League, the FA and the TV and media companies for the only answer that appears to matter.

If they decide to play games behind closed doors then the season will have to be mathematically completed..

The Dippers only need 2 more wins from 9 games left but the relegation and European positions will not be decided until the last game or two of the season..

Play out ALL the games or none, not just play until the grievers have accumulated the 6 points required..

The answer BTW is 'Play None'

They'll have to suck it up for the good of the game.. and go again next time!

I think that a 'plan' will be put in place to finish the season, probably behind closed doors, but once begun, the completion of all games will be secondary to achieving the actual goal of having a 'legitimate' title winner. So, if the plan fails after a handful of games because of 'unforeseen' issues, then at least, in all likelihood, the Victims will have gained enough points to be mathematical champions.
And that my friend is what this is all about

If they decide to play games behind closed doors then the season will have to be mathematically completed..

The Dippers only need 2 more wins from 9 games left but the relegation and European positions will not be decided until the last game or two of the season..

Play out ALL the games or none, not just play until the grievers have accumulated the 6 points required..

The answer BTW is 'Play None'

They'll have to suck it up for the good of the game.. and go again next time!
Listen, I fucking despise the scousers. I'd personally start the fuckers off on minus 30 points at the beginning of every season. I think, and hope - for the integrity of the sport - that the season is called null and void. I'm just putting forward some musings about what I think could very well occur.

I think that a 'plan' will be put in place to finish the season, probably behind closed doors, but once begun, the completion of all games will be secondary to achieving the actual goal of having a 'legitimate' title winner. So, if the plan fails after a handful of games because of 'unforeseen' issues, then at least, in all likelihood, the Victims will have gained enough points to be mathematical champions.

Nah the season would have to be finished because if you only play say two games to give Liverpool enough points that would mean the bottom 3 get relegated with 8 games left, cant see the bottom 3 excepting that !

I wasn't being facetious. I think that a number of games will be played behind closed doors, not with the idea of completing the season, but with the intention of providing the Victims with the opportunity to accrue enough points to be 'legitimate' champions.

And your question as to what is more important, who wins the title or the integrity of football, well I think you can guess my answer. However, the question needs to be asked of the Premier League, the FA and the TV and media companies for the only answer that appears to matter.
I think that the four bodies you refer to are not taking into account supporters and that will be their undoing. Their very existence depends on us and by ignoring that fact they will kill the golden goose.

Null and void the season and when it is safe to do so, pick up the pieces of a new season.

That is what happened after WWII started and the game was better for it, interesting enough that didn’t happen when WWI started and the FA experienced an adverse public reaction as the 1914-15 continued.

I see that but if there a next season we will be in the same boat as now because this virus is not going away ever but a vaccine will get thing back to some normality.

all the more reason to preserve the full season rather than trying to finish off this, makes no sense, we have to minimise the loss of as many clubs as possible.
plus the moment we go past june 30th problems galore with contracts and loans, charlton for instance have 14/15 players out of contract, some of them maybe going onto bigger and better deals at other clubs, its a nightmare

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.